Thread: chat issues

Banned User

United States

chat issues

It is not a big deal but its annoying. Chat asks me to log on even though i am logged on here. it does not always do this but just 25% of the time. i have to re-enter my id and password. is this a glitch?

United States
    this chat client blows goats

you need an irc one, anything better than the POS that's there now

it slows stuff down way too much, you can't even surf while you chat

please fix this, or at least let me link to an irc room on the whatnet server til this thing gets fixed or replaced

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    It is not a big deal but its annoying. Chat asks me to log on even though i am logged on here. it does not always do this but just 25% of the time. i have to re-enter my id and password. is this a glitch?
    Ive upgraded the chat software to the next version, this should solve some of your problems, i will be keeping an eye out for future updates

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Not trying to complain or anything but chat still lags sometimes. You can type and hit enter on something and it takes about a min to load to the room. Doesnt all the time but once in awhile it does.
    Member of the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad....... Playersssssssss Pimpin Aint Easyyyyyyyy

Banned User

United States
    I still have the problem I am signed in here but the chat room "log in" comes up in a black box with a white background and the box is solid black and i can not even try to log in even if i wanted to. lol I still get this and it really pisses me off. It does not happen as often but I also notice it lags just like the wallking dude says and everything else slows down with my other web surfing. grrrr

United States
    i just wish more of you would come in and chat
    more often

we get the same people in there on a regular basis

it would be cool if you guys came on in more

i mean what good is a chat if we dont use it?

United States

I wish more people would come to chat too!

Hey, how are we gonna get to know each other if we dont go in to chat?
    There wasnt anyone in chat last night! Its there for everyone to enjoy!
    I have got the scoop on some good zombie movies and also some zd movies to stay away from like "Contagium."
    So, come to chat!
    If I am not there PM me!

Super Moderator

UK
    I remember back in the day (I'm talking late 1990s) there used to be a forum chat on the first sunday of every month (maybe it was every sunday, but I think it was just the first of each month). It was quite an event back then, loads of us would sign on and chit-the-chat ... but that was quite some time ago, long before Loom even - back on DiscussionApp HPOTD, geez, makes me feel like such an old timer ... but in a good way. :fuzzy nostalgia feeling smiley:

capncnut
    I tried to chat with someone a little while ago when I first joined and it kept screwing up so I've stayed away from it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    I tried to chat with someone a little while ago when I first joined and it kept screwing up so I've stayed away from it.
    That's he spirit...

Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    i just wish more of you would come in and chat
    more often

we get the same people in there on a regular basis

it would be cool if you guys came on in more

i mean what good is a chat if we dont use it?
    One of my outstanding jobs is to make it more obvious when someone is in the chat room. A nice clear message right across the top of the forum that one or more people are in the chat room.
    Last edited by Neil; 15-Oct-2006 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I've had wonderful chats.....then, again, I've popped in.....next thing you know you're watching a henpeck. The typical childish gossip.....oh well.

capncnut
    I've had a few issues with the amount of time it takes to get your messages on-screen. Other than that, the chat seems fine to me.