Thread: Real world and web world interactivity....

United Kingdom

Real world and web world interactivity....

For an assignment on my course I need to find an example of how the internet and the real world interact - i.e. like a game were you use both the internet and real world "things".

One's that are being used are Uncle Roy (London based tracking game), Book Crossing (leave a book with a book crossing card in it and wait for someone to pick it up and register it) and geo-treasure thing (hide an item somewhere in the world and leave clues to finding it).

Any one got any ideas....?

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbank View Post
    For an assignment on my course I need to find an example of how the internet and the real world interact - i.e. like a game were you use both the internet and real world "things".

Does picking up women on myspace and "banging them senseless" count?
    Last edited by Deadman_Deluxe; 30-Oct-2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Scotland
    Are you talking about context-aware devices? For example, a tag that you clip to yourself and will open doors automatically or sign you into your computer when you enter the room?

I recommend you check out 'Ubiquitous Computing', 'Pervasive Computing' and 'Sensor Networks'.

Some examples include:
    - Smart Living rooms, plenty of ideas there, just have a google and some ideas should come up.
    - Equator. A uk research site which develops outdoors ubiquitous devices. ( Check in Challanges > Devices)
    - The last item you mentioned in your post is most likely Pirates!

Let me know if you need some more examples.

United States
    lol@Deadman