Thread: hello! can you all help me?!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Question hello! can you all help me?!

im doing a film project George Romero... i intend on discussing ideas that he is a genre defining auter because of his work with zombies... so any chance you could lend a hand with info with out blowing myy head off?!? seemed like worth a shot!
    so far i got some stuff on the precidents he set in the films, ie charateristics of zombies, but any points i may have overlooked? cheers! Benji

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im just guessing but is this an a level college coursework cus thats one im doing on autuers, im doing kevin smith and i thought about it but geroge romero does not adhere to the rules of the autuer theory becuase the living dead ...uh i dunno i guess its a tetrology by now is an ongiong saga of one situation so he cannot be considered an atueur for that.

a typical autuer is an actor or director who may seem typecast, you know what to expect, now matter what the subject matter, be it romance, drama, horror or what have you but if you only focus on one genre in all orf your films with no running traits to spot that is not an example of the autuer theory, but then the whole theory might be bogus cus no one film has been made by just one person, you have an entire group working on a piece of cinema to make it what it is, so does "the autuer" even exist at all?

...damn maybe i did pick some stuff up in film studies between doodles

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Talking

mmmm... yees well havnt really dug that deep yet! ha! well i was thinkinking of aproacing it on a genre rather than auter level now. you know what with the board changing the rules and all that jazz! where are you studying btw?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    film studies and media studies.

i thought about doing zombies for genre too but there techniclly a small sub-genre of horror, and only one out of many so i dunno how detailed you could get.

adn yeah i had a bitch about the rules on here a whiel back i wanted to do a practical piece with a camera till they cahnged it to the damn presentation thing ove here.

England
    Well isnt this weird as i am doing my second year in Film Studies and am also doing an auter project on George Romero. After doing so much research ive come to a conclusion he IS a Horror Auter. But i havent actually done much work as i am unsure of how to actually do this project now as the board have changed the way its done.

Ive compiled a very compact catalogue for it and i also have a few conventions as such which romero does include in his films. Its weird that they almost mimic Hitchcocks auteristic approach.

if i get any more with this project i will definatly try to help you out here benjisonfire (im guessing yuor a fan of alexisonfire) haha

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    are you both doing the presentation script thing as well?, if so you been told when you have to do it for, im halfway through mine on kevin smith but i have no idea for when.

England
    We have been told not to start ours yet as we dont know how to present our work so therefor i have no idea what the deadline is for any of this. Although i will find out tommorow !

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    our teacher does the stupid thing of giving us an example of a grade work from last year, and they wonder why its a college with a 99% pass rate

England
    we were given the exact same things, two examples from last year which are now of corse almost useless. I have a lesson today about this and i am hoping to get the info on what to actually do haha.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    hummm! well benjisonfire i 'invented' from my fire poi spinning antics... but yeah i just found the band!hohoho! how strange we are doing the same project! i personally have done very little towards it...slightly dippy teacher... we have a script too i think but not too sure! well yeah if you wanna share ideas at anypoint my MSN is benjipage@hotmail.co.uk!