Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 scariest games ever

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65 View Post
    After reading your posts regarding "The Thing" I think I'm going to pick it up again since it is backwards compatable on the 360 . I played the game when it was first available & remember I was kinda creeped out by it. Gonna pick it up used & give it another go .
    Good man, you know it makes sense.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    Good man, you know it makes sense.
    I did pick it up used at Gamestop this afternoon. For $3.99 you can't go wrong .

Can't wait to play it again now .

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65 View Post
    I did pick it up used at Gamestop this afternoon. For $3.99 you can't go wrong .

Can't wait to play it again now .
    Tell us what you think of it....

Will the "primitive" graphics bore you (a truely great game is good even years after its graphics are obsolete)....

Like Worms World Party....or Super Mario 64....Super Mario World (SNES)... Mario Bros 3(NES)...(hmm theres a ton of great NES games and SNES games so Ill stop mentioning them)...Sea Quest (Atari) ...Immercenary (3DO game is fun as all hell but I dont know if its an exclusive 3D0 game)...Syndicate(multiplatform) still even has its pleasant addicting moments...Bladeforce (3DO a little to hard for a helicopter backpack wielding 3D shooter/helicopter back pack simulator...but very neat game)...Canon Fodder (cutesy team control army combat)....And to still even to this day the simplistic genius of Pong still exists and is fun...especially with some of the modified versions adding neat additional features....

The point being is I dont know wether The Thing was really as good as I remembered it or was it more of a graphic wow at the time being.... All the games I mentioned above I had the opportunity to play well after their novelty wore off...

That being said some of the details of the game I remember so specifically I dont know how the game couldnt be as great as I remember it...

The detail level is very good for the time period

A decent amount of things in the enviroment are interactive...nothing like some of these new games today...but for the time a very good level of interaction with the enviroment....

The Team work/trust factor and AI element of the game at first seems like a gimic but in I can think of several cases where it brings up very intense and crazy moments in the game....like the movie **** hits the fan the moment you least expect it.

The Strategy of Fighting various things gives variety and while never ridiculously difficult it always seemed so intense that every killing felt like a massive achievement when you succeeded in fighting the harder guys.

The bosses at least some of the ones I faced had variable ways of beating them....One that I was having particular difficulty with I ended up managing escaping from it rather than killing it....and escaping didnt feel easy either...

Control scheme was good

I dunno man tell me what you think of it replaying it...I might have to go pick it up somewhere for Xbox...

Oh A little hint I didnt really figure this out till later in the game....after I constantly found myself low on fuel and unable to kill bigger Things....

Use ammo from guns and various things to damage the bigger Things....after you blast them a couple of times then burn them....If you try to just kill em by burning them youll run into difficulties having fuel....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!