Thread: Science Fiction Britannia - UK folks - Starts tonight...

Administrator

England

Science Fiction Britannia - UK folks - Starts tonight...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    excellent, been really looking forward to this. lovin the ukscifi revival goin on, with doctor who, quatermass and captain scarlet remakes (also the dude who did sapphire & steel is writing an episode of doctor who for the next series).

apparently blakes 7 might make a comeback, sounds cool.

they really need to remake/reprise/repeat terry nation's "survivors". that was one of the definitive gloomy brit sci fi shows.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    apparently blakes 7 might make a comeback, sounds cool.
    I've been waiting for that for ages! PLEASE!!!!

Did you ever watch Tripods? It's kinda cheesy, but good fun. But God is it annoying that the third (final) series was never made - So the second series just ends on a complete cliff hanger...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I've seen a few episodes of Tripods and it's pretty good. Not really my thing though. And as for Survivors.... I've wanted to see that show for a long time... Is it out on DVD???

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    I've seen a few episodes of Tripods and it's pretty good. Not really my thing though. And as for Survivors.... I've wanted to see that show for a long time... Is it out on DVD???
    Hold on to your pants! http://www.survivorstvseries.com/DVD_release.htm - BBC4, Tuesday 5th December at 8.30pm

Also, look on EBay
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    yeah the tripods ruled. did you ever read the prequel novel "when the tripods came"?. its actually thinner than a slice of bread but entertaining nonetheless.

survivors is brilliant, i seriously recommend buying the first series w/out hesitation if you liked dawn of the dead, 28 days later, the last train, children of men etc.

did i mention how badly children of men kicked arse? it's amazing. logans run meets saving private ryan.
    Last edited by _liam_; 13-Nov-2006 at 10:39 AM.

UK
    Children of Men = amazing

and I thought I was the only one who LOVED!!! the last train!

did anyone remember a series on channel 4 called "UltraViolet"?

Plus, Ian McCulloch was in survivors? Wasn't he in "Zombie Flesh Eaters"?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    anything till the new doctor whos on ill take instead of that super crapy torchwood.

UK
    anything till the new doctor whos on ill take instead of that super crapy torchwood
    Torchwood isn't that bad... sure, they have only 1 or 2 good stories, but it isn't that crap...

Kazakhstan
    yep, ian mcculloch of zombie flesh eaters fame. he also wrote a few episodes, and working on "survivors" had such a profound impact on his life, he now lives in isolation, raising sheep! no joke.

ultraviolet was great. the dude who directed it went on to direct the recent doctor who episode "dalek". i think he did a couple of others as well.

i quite like torchwood so far. my main problem is the production values - it does kinda look like grange hill sometimes. torchwood is an anagram of doctor who ...ooo

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i just hate the poor acting, like at the end of one ep they said "you wouldnt have killed him" adn that captain jack guy goes "would.nt.i?" and yeah wooden is the word id use.

plus the cyberwoman ep was such a let down i would have put a load of like badly converted cyber zombies in instead, though maybe thats just cus im a member of this forum but it still would have been cool

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    yep, ian mcculloch of zombie flesh eaters fame. he also wrote a few episodes, and working on "survivors" had such a profound impact on his life, he now lives in isolation, raising sheep! no joke.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that dude was also in an episode of Hammer House Of Horror that was about vampires or something.