Thread: This is not right

Undisclosed

This is not right

have you noticed that in night of the living dead the old one, when the mother go`s to the basement to see her daughter, her daughter gets up and goes to eat her mother when she actually graps a cement smoother and stabs her when she is meant to be a zombie, i just dont get it.....

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Well, the cemetery zombie at the beginning picks up a rock to bash in the car window.

"...use simple tools..."

I guess some do, some don't.

Welcome to the forums!
    Last edited by radiokill; 27-Nov-2006 at 07:39 PM. Reason: butchered cemetery, hope that is right
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Super Moderator

UK
    The zombies - like discussed in Dawn of the Dead - are capable of crudely using tools to achieve a basic goal - the daughter-now-zombie stabbing her mother for one, another would be the zombie at the door who picks up a chunk of wood to use as a bludgeoning device and of course the cemetery zombies - who uses a rock to smash a window.

It's easier to eat your prey if they aren't trying to get away and/or kill you.

England
    The first zombie you see uses a large stone to break into Barbara's car. Others use stones to break the lights on Ben's car.

In all GAR's films, the stenchies are able to use objects as tools, [I]but[I] it's only the odd zombie that did this, or they all would use implements.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dracenstein View Post
    The first zombie you see uses a large stone to break into Barbara's car. Others use stones to break the lights on Ben's car.

In all GAR's films, the stenchies are able to use objects as tools, [I]but[I] it's only the odd zombie that did this, or they all would use implements.
    Like with 'Land of the Dead', Big Daddy teaches the others how to use 'tools' to complete their goals after he figures some of the things out for himself. Maybe some are more intelligent than others?

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Undisclosed
    Basically, it works so:

In-between DAY and LAND there was somewhat of an "evolutionary" leap, and the Living Dead became far more intelligent.

Anyway, even long before DAY, the Living Dead were driven by slight, flebile "impulses" of intelligence, like reminiscences. In all the first three movies, all of them are supposed to be capable of handling objects, but that doesn't really mean that they fully grasp their function.
    Sort of like they "catch" human flesh to eat it. Reflexes, impulses.

Nothing to be compared to the leap they all did in LAND, still.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    Sort of like they "catch" human flesh to eat it. Reflexes, impulses.
    Given that Logan proved the instinct to eat human flesh is divorced from the ability to gain nutrition from it, it would be highly amusing if the reason zombies ate human flesh is because they'd been conditioned when alive via stories that zombies eat flesh (lots of bad press coverage of e.g. Haiti in the 50s...).

Given NOTLD was one of the first films to show this explicitly, this is highly unlikely...but it would be amusing.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by chal View Post
    Given that Logan proved the instinct to eat human flesh is divorced from the ability to gain nutrition from it, it would be highly amusing if the reason zombies ate human flesh is because they'd been conditioned when alive via stories that zombies eat flesh (lots of bad press coverage of e.g. Haiti in the 50s...).

Given NOTLD was one of the first films to show this explicitly, this is highly unlikely...but it would be amusing.
    Haitian Zombies don't eat flesh, they cut sugar cane etc
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Haitian Zombies don't eat flesh, they cut sugar cane etc
    Very true, but a lot of FUD was created around Haiti in general and voodoo in particular by a mixture of people trying to seed their own religion (Catholicism) and others putting down the world's first black republic. Part of that FUD was the whole zombie/voodoo doll/sacrifice crap.