Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: worst GAR film..

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I keep falling asleep everytime I see the Crazies (Oh the nightmares I've had due to that film... priceless!)

I've never seen "Martin" so I can't comment, but "The Dark Half" and "Monkey Shines" just plain suck...

sorry!

capncnut
    Okay, I'm gonna have to decide on Monkey Shines. I hate to but damn, it's a horrible question.

United States
    Season of the witch. I own a VHS copy of it and tried and tried again to watch it but I cannot stay awake for this thing. Never saw Vanilla.
    Romero dosn't have many bad films, just alot of medeocer ones.

I love teh Crazies, Martin is a good film, and Bruiser was a nice change of pace.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

United States
    I think his worse effort was that stuff he did for Mr. Roger's Neighborhood when the zombies ripped out the throat of that poor milkman explaining about the dairy industry........

Oh wait, that didnt happen!

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I think his worse effort was that stuff he did for Mr. Roger's Neighborhood when the zombies ripped out the throat of that poor milkman explaining about the dairy industry........

Oh wait, that didnt happen!

What's Vanilla? Never heard of it. I'm hoping it's not this .
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill View Post

What's Vanilla? Never heard of it. I'm hoping it's not this .
    ha ha nice one!

Undisclosed
    Shame on Italy, here THE CRAZIES is anywhere available.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    Season of the witch. I own a VHS copy of it and tried and tried again to watch it but I cannot stay awake for this thing. Never saw Vanilla.
    Romero dosn't have many bad films, just alot of medeocer ones.

I love teh Crazies, Martin is a good film, and Bruiser was a nice change of pace.
    I think MArtin Is GAR's other great one. And I liked Bruiser. I kept hearing how it sucked and I saw it and enjoyed it. LAcked atmosphere but I like it.
    The only reson people pick Bruiser or Monkeyshines is because the haven't seen Season of the Witch.
    I saw it in a theatre and the onlt reason I didn't walk out is that I didn't have a way home until later. After I snuck into Porkys and I was much happier.
    They used to show The Crazies on Saturdays on regular TV in the 80s all the time and I think it rocks. Other than the Dead series I have seen the craziesthe most. The blood sure looks good on those radiation suits.
    Plus it has Dr Logan (He's the Dad who bangs his daughter).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    Shame on Italy, here THE CRAZIES is anywhere available.
    Do you mean NOT available (a shame cause it sucks), or easily available?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I can't stand The Dark Half. It has none of GARS flair and style. It looks like any crappy Steven King film to me.
    And I also think Martin is his greatest work outside the dead films. Very moody and original. A bit slow, but that works to an advantage here. and Pittsburgh has never looked so depressing onscreen.