Thread: Waych what you say...

England

Waych what you say...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...471987,00.html

Although this is claiming to be a police plan,labour runs the police & im sure they will wave this through like every other erosion of freedom they keep bringing in!its downright intrusive having someone earwigging on a conversation & i'd be very uncomfortable if it comes into play!its not that i would be committing crimes,but it would feel like i had some deranged stalker on my back all the time!having to speak out about the government or tell risque jokes to friends under your breath in case you end up arrested!

Super Moderator

UK
    While there's potentially a good use for it, there's so much room for human rights and freedom abuse. Labour - all they wanna do is spy on people and make criminals out of the common average Joe.

I heard something somewhere recently about some bollocks saying that offensive speach could land you a fine - say, if you tell a joke and some pissy pants gets in a twist, you could land a fine - for SPEAKING.

Welcome to OLD-AND-NEVER-CHANGING-Labour's Britain ... you'll be ashamed to stay here.

And this coming after ... unsurprisingly ... news about YET MORE council tax rises which pinch the hard working middle class who have been taxed over and over and over again under Labour - who, for those not in the know, have raised council tax by over 80-f*cking-percent in their time in control.

If they aren't kicked out at the next election (preferably FOREVER) and get a fourth term (this is the first 3rd term in a row, people - and it's a disaster like their second) then I actually don't know what I'll do - I'll seriously start thinking about how I can get the crap out of this country and head for Canada or somewhere chilled out.

Kazakhstan
    er...they wont arrest you for telling risque jokes or slagging them off(those things aren't illegal...sorry if you were j/k or something), theyll just use them to ascertain the specifics of violent incidents, and occasionally monitor people who they think are up to something.

i dont have a problem with it, they dont have the time to listen in on any old conversation and they wont listen in on you if you arent a paedophile/rapist/terrorist/drug dealer. also it's not in your house, just like cctv.

i never understood why people were against cctv in the streets...urm...what sos sacred and private about 5 frames of you walking past mcdonalds at 2:31am on a saturday? its not like theyve put a camera in your toilet bowl.

it also makes more regular crimes like rapes and assaults a lot easier to solve.

i know it's yet more money out of our pockets, but that aside, what is the problem?

England
    This is the government who wants to send inspectors into peoples homes to check how hot they have their bath water,of course they'll use it to snoop on everyday conversations!I dont like this big brother state thing,so il rebel against anything like this,regardless of what pros they counter the cons with.

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, you have to question the potential future uses of such technology by a gubment who, upon their planned next census, will FINE you if you don't let a government inspector into your home to snoop on how many bedrooms and bathrooms you have and if you have a conservatory - and here was me thinking government inspectors were supposed to be used for things like finding nuclear arms in other countries...