Thread: Boy stolen with car found dead

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Boy stolen with car found dead

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/05/boy.dead.ap/index.html

Click link for full story.

A 5-year-old boy who was asleep in the back of a car when it was stolen from a parking lot was found dead Tuesday morning in a neighboring county, authorities said.

Authorities said the boy's mother, Shalinda Glass, 25, of Rainbow City, left him asleep in the back seat with the engine running while she went inside to buy juice.

Witnesses reported seeing a man get out of a pickup truck and get into her car, then driving away as someone else drove off in the pickup truck.

It was not known if the man realized the sleeping child was in the back seat.
    Does anybody here (that has children) ever leave their kids in the car "real quick"? I think it's a horrible idea and would never do it, no matter where I lived.

capncnut
    When I lived with my ex and kid, we had a supermarket located practically next door. One day when my gal was out with friends, the kid was asleep and I needed to go to the supermarket real bad. I could quite easily have popped out and back within 1 minute without disturbing him (he was 2 at the time). Anyway, I never went out. I couldn't bring myself to do it to him even though I'm sure nothing would have happened if I did.

To leave your child in a car is unforgivable and I hope this woman has learned her lesson from doing such a thing. That might sound harsh but I think it's important that we can all be there for our kids when they need us. The mom in the story will forever remember the fact that her child died when he needed her the most and at the time she was out buying juice. With 5 seconds of rational thinking, this whole terrible situation could have been completely avoided. How sad.
    Last edited by capncnut; 05-Dec-2006 at 04:38 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not even a parent and I know that's a stupid idea. I bet the mom will be brought up on negligence charges.

United States
    http://broadband.zoomtown.com/news/r...&cps=0&lang=en

I'd say it's dangerous to be a child in the car of a drug addicted parent.

-stray-

Banned User

United States
    Yes it is horrid.

That reminds me of a fight I had with my exhusband. He got mad at me for being upset at the lady parked next to us leaving her baby in the car. He proclaimed Trenton, MO is a good town with good people and there is nothing to worry about. Then I responded by saying that his brother and best friend must be the exception to that rule for they were both convected felons. One a car theif for a chop shop and the other a child molester drug addict. It got ugly
    Last edited by HLS; 05-Dec-2006 at 11:59 PM.

Scotland
    Something similar happened in the UK recently:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/5403562.stm

I don't know if this is the one I'm thinking of, but when the thieves noticed the 2 year old in the back they stopped and threw him out the car. The kid tried to climb back in but they just pushed him out again and drove away.

There are some sick mother****ers out there.