Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spielberg's endings of late

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    he always plays a snappy little man dog with a glazed expression.
    did you see mi:3? i nearly crapped myself when simon pegg (shaun of the dead) turned up!
    If he was in War of the worlds in stead of Ol'tom, that movie would've rocked. I liked everyhting about WOTW though, except the end, Tom Cruise, Tim whathisface and the screaminglittle girl.
    I guess that leaves the Aliens and explosions
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    A happy ending does not mean it is mushy; especially with all of the pain it took to get there.

Kazakhstan
    yeah but if the incidences that provide the happiness of his ending stretch belief too much, ie his son somehow suriviving what looked like a blanket airstrike w/o a scratch on him, and then somehow making it to his grandparents on foot just as fast as the cruiser did, then it feels contrived, unrealistic and i leave feeling a bit cheated & patronised.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Stephen King directed MAximum Overdrive. Do you really want to see more of that?
    Aw, leave Maximum Overdrive alone. It wasn't that bad.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    yeah but if the incidences that provide the happiness of his ending stretch belief too much, ie his son somehow suriviving what looked like a blanket airstrike w/o a scratch on him, and then somehow making it to his grandparents on foot just as fast as the cruiser did, then it feels contrived, unrealistic and i leave feeling a bit cheated & patronised.

Oh I do concur ! The ending of WoW was a let down; I was referring to many of Steve's film's that some may find mushy; most are not (Munich, Schindler's, SPR, Amistad, The Color Purple, Empire of the Sun .... )

Dying

Undisclosed

Did you see AI?

That ending almost got me to the point where I wasn't going to go to Speilberg's movies anymore. Invest that much time for that crap ending...jeez louise

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Some of his movies that definitely have a great ending are the Indiana Jones flicks. True, they're up-beat....but that's what Indiana Jones is supposed to be. The "warm feeling" and camaraderie between the characters at the end of all three films continues the adventure for the audience and fits in perfectly with the flick.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Aw, leave Maximum Overdrive alone. It wasn't that bad.
    yeah damn straight, and it aint cus im a king fan either....

*buries nose back into "the stand"...*