Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Galactica questions...

Fiji

agreed, i'm curious how they activated her in the first place. but i think it would be a cheap shot just to have her activate at another inopportune time. wel that and they'd just cap her and there'd be no more boomer.

i'll gve that stuff does get canceled randomly, but i'm thinking Galactica won't fall prey to the usualy rigamaroo. it's well reviewed, and watched. that alone should lock it in for another season or so.

Undisclosed
    Exodus part two. Wow. Just wow. Was not expecting any of that.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooley View Post
    Exodus part two. Wow. Just wow. Was not expecting any of that.
    that was without a doubt the best 60 minutes of television i've ever seen.

that jump, oh my fraking lord. and the Pegasus, all i can say is "from hells heart....."

ViP

United States

"Thank you, Lee." Now, where will Apollo rank on the BSG? It sucks that they had to get rid of the Pegasus. Lee's quarters were enough to keep it around. I thought it was a touch cheezy that the Pegasus managed to separate, and the pieces became cylon heat seakers

I still think they are having trouble giving Adama Jr. some character.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post

"Thank you, Lee." Now, where will Apollo rank on the BSG? It sucks that they had to get rid of the Pegasus. Lee's quarters were enough to keep it around. I thought it was a touch cheezy that the Pegasus managed to separate, and the pieces became cylon heat seakers

I still think they are having trouble giving Adama Jr. some character.

It was cains ship, it was her will. and the pegasus was built as a basestar killer. how ever convienient i can accept that the langing pod caused a splash kill.

Lee may well retain his rank, i dunno if saul is even interest in comming back at this point. he looked intent upon finding a drink and and airlock at EPs end.

ViP

United States

the first one I could accept, but then it appeared that yet another piece broke off, and a total of three cylon ships were destroyed. The third is what took it from cool to cheezy. Did my eyes deceive me? Three got destroyed there at the end correct?

So what will Tigh's role be then, if Apollo retains 2nd in comand?

Fiji

i only saw two get blown up, but i'm downloading the episode right now so i can confirm that shortly.

beyond that i dunno. it'll take time to resort everyone back into their rolls. and givent he fact they took on the full command staff from Pegasus, i dunno how it'll work. if nothing else they may just have Lee retain rank but for back to being CAG for flight group one.

edit
    ok just watched it again. counting the Basestar she face rapes in the opening salvo (which i'm calling a kill) the big P takes out a total of three bases stars.
    1) during the opening salvo.
    2) the headbutt
    3) the launchpod/ Melville Manuver.

Last edited by p2501; 22-Oct-2006 at 03:55 AM.

United States

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    OMFG! Eyebiter, that's the funniest thing I've seen on the net lately. Some of the guys on BSG do seem to be nutless, don't they?

Dying

Undisclosed

Galactica...

...is terrific. I've watched the old shows and I had my reservations about a female Starbuck but they won me over in the first ten minutes. The new Galactica is bold, well written, very well acted. It is a great tv show. To anyone who is dissing the show...have you actually watched it? Its terrific.

I will say there are some interesting threads from last season that have yet to be picked up in the new one. To me, Six showing up in Gaius' head completely glamorized, idealized was interesting but when he showed up in her's last season, similarly glamorized, that was intriguing. And they have yet to do a thing with it.

Also nothing about the hybrid baby, Laura's having taken stem cell injections, and Apollo's death dreams. All threads that seem to have vanished. Its very possibile that they will show up in the second half of the season but so far...nothing!

As to Blade...it got cancelled because it was really really bad. I mean, the movies were fun but they had no problem with stepping outside their rules. Each movie upped the last (Blade II had the predator-faces, Blade III had Jessica Biel and killed Natasha Lyonne...doesn't get better'n that).