Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ipswich Ripper?

Kazakhstan

you're braver than me...

Super Moderator

UK
    Apparently this second arrest is "significant" ... so is this a double team situation? Or ... is the first man actually innocent?

Like I've said before, if the first man is innocent - what of the "innocent until proven guilty" thing, and what of the practices of the media who have plastered his face and name and other details all over the papers, radio and TV for days - when he's still not proven guilty.

Surely there's a law against that?

Kazakhstan
    there's laws against it if they say "he did it" but they are being pretty careful not to tar him in that way. i think they have made such a big deal out of catching him so everyone can chill out over christmas.

they'll look pretty stupid if another body turns up though!

has anyone found the ripper's myspace yet? he's gonna be added to death by all the goths & nutters...

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... that's the media I guess, always treading just the right side of the law ... most of the time ... or just acting like dickheads if Piers Morgan is in charge of any of them!

Mmm...I see what you mean about the "chill out over Xmas" angle, mainly only needed for Suffolk though, but as you say - if another body turns up, there's gonna be a lotta egg on a lotta faces...