Thread: Sega

Undisclosed

Sega

Posted before But I just had to show it again....

I mean damn how cool would an Alien RPG be....**** YA!

The week started off ordinarily enough with Sega's announcement that it had picked up the rights to make multiple games based on the classic Alien series of sci-fi horror films. While Sega didn't say how many games it would make based on the franchise, it did confirm at least two: a first-person shooter and a role-playing game

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    Oh yeah and it's being developed by Obsidian, the guys that made Knights Of The Old Republic II. Talk about kick ass!

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (December 13, 2006)

SEGAŽ of America Inc. and SEGAŽ Europe Ltd. today announced that Obsidian Entertainment will create a role-playing game based on the Alien film franchise with license from Twentieth Century Fox Licensing & Merchandising. This title will be developed for the next-generation systems and the PC.
    From what I hear in the magazines, it's gonna be combining RPG with a 3rd person shooter, very similar to the KOTOR series in many aspects.
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Dec-2006 at 04:57 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Oh yeah and it's being developed by Obsidian, the guys that made Knights Of The Old Republic II. Talk about kick ass!

From what I hear in the magazines, it's gonna be combining RPG with a 3rd person shooter, very similar to the KOTOR series in many repects.
    For me this sounds like a system seller....I wont be able to make it through the day not being able to play this....KOTOR RULED!!!....

PC maybe?....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    meh, not a big alien fan myself.

United States
    That's amazing, except hopefully they stay within the story of the original and don't take too many liberties, although I'd imagine an Alien game based on the first movie would be a little tough considering the lack of multiple opponents.

The alien series is my second favorite aside from Romero's Dead series, this sounds like it could be great.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

capncnut
    I imagine they will have their heads screwed on with this one. A lot of the planets from the Alien movies and comics will probably make an appearance (LV426 etc) and I wouldn't rule out a Lance Henriksen cameo either. One thing I'm most interested in is how the acid-blood will be incorporated into the game. For example, will the acid seep through multiple levels? Will there be dangerous electrical hot spots where you cannot fight an alien? It's that aspect that interests me the most.

Kazakhstan
    this is going to kick ass...how can it not?!...i can already imagine throwing the controller at the wall after being lost in the space jockey ship for ten hours...*sigh*