Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hack a Vending Machine!!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    is there a way to make money spit out.
    Check my post. Its untested, though.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Here's some. I found this out in high school. You jam paper up the coin return. Come back to it later and pull the paper out. A lot of coins would fall out. Rocking the machine back and forth would shake food free. Here's another that I have never tested, but heard works. Pour warm saltwater down the coin slot. Apparently, it shorts out the computer and money will spill out.
    I remember this from a news story a few years ago. According to the story they fixed this problem shortly after it was discovered, but I have never actually tried it so who knows, they could have made up that they fixed it to get people to stop trying.

The only cool vending machine story I have is that on a class trip to France and Spain we bought all the beer in the vending machines in our Hotel in Spain. A bunch of 15-17 year old American kids left in rooms by themselves next to a vending machine selling beer next to an elevator which takes one to all the other vending machines that sell beer on all the other floors with only the threat that if you buy beer your going to get in trouble... Yeah, we listened. We tossed the empties into the drop celing and none of the chaperones were the wiser.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Undisclosed
    I found this out from a guy I used to work with. He partnered with another guy. They were in the vending business. He mentioned the biggest problem was with college campuses. The warm saltwater would short out a chip or sensor that despensed your change. When it shorted out the money would pour out. It cost the venders a lot money repairing the damage.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    then theres the good old fallback of changeing pennies into yen, since they register in the cadbury machines as a pound coin