Thread: Ideal Festival Lineup...

Kazakhstan

Ideal Festival Lineup...

This year's download festival looks a tad weak so far, it got me thinking, what do i really want? i think it would look something like this;

anyone else?
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    if you added lordi ,HIM and bowling for soup for something a little less headbanger-y (to let your brain settle so it doesnt liquify) then that'd be the best show ever.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    if you added lordi ,HIM and bowling for soup for something a little less headbanger-y (to let your brain settle so it doesnt liquify) then that'd be the best show ever.
    no offense, but IWWWWWW. You better get a haircut Poserboy!

Metallica 15 years ago and Mininstry and NIN 10 years ago.would be sweet. Ministry lost it big time. I saw OZZY/MEtallcia during MAster of Puppets and that was great. Sabbath reunited is more awesome than I couldve ever imagined. God, I love Sabbath.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Kazakhstan
    me too. saw em in 05, they played ONE song from after "Master of reality". i were appy as a pig in sheet, i tell thee.

i saw bowling for soup once, despite their overtly breezy, chipper sound, i've grown to forge a bedgrudging admiration for them. the fat guy porked an inflatable sheep or something, it were funny. that after high school song was good too.

btw this isnt a total fantasy list, word round the campfire is that zeppelin are reforming...
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Canada
    some solid picks. would be one good show eventhough some of those bands are weaker now.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post

i saw bowling for soup once, despite their overtly breezy, chipper sound, i've grown to forge a bedgrudging admiration for them. the fat guy porked an inflatable sheep or something, it were funny. that after high school song was good too.
    i hear the porking occured at download, and they also took the piss out of axl rose, so while they arent something id run out and buy a new cd of there allright in my book, when it comes to the more comedic bands i'd take them over the bloodhound gang any day.

capncnut
    Nice picks Liam but Led Zeppelin? No chance mate. Get GN'R, the Pistols and QOTSA on that list and I might go. Saying that, the Pumpkins have just reformed so you can bloody well put those up there on the list too. Oh and Tool.

Saw Sabbath at Milton Keynes a while back, fookin' awesome they were. I had no idea that Iommi was such a technical soloist. Their run through of Children Of The Grave was absolutely first rate. Shame Ozzy let's that witch of a wife rule his career 'cos its having a negative effect on the man's respect. His kids are just as bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    HIM and Bowling For Soup I can just about forgive but LORDI? Jesus H.

Kazakhstan
    you dont like led zeppelin?! jayyyyysus!

sex pistols and rage against the machine would complete it i think...

lol noticed nobody has objected to Manowar...haha

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    you dont like led zeppelin?!
    NOOOOOOO!!! I love Zep. I only said "no chance" because their chances of reforming for a date (let alone a tour) is pretty much close to zero. Houses Of The Holy, In Through The Out Door and I are my faves man.

lol, noticed nobody has objected to Manowar...haha
    Yeah, you gotta have a band to pelt bottles at.
    Last edited by capncnut; 02-Feb-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Kazakhstan
    hehe i went to that place in ireland where they did the cover art for houses of the holy...i didnt realise where i was at first, then i was like...HOLY SH!T!!!

i also went on a mission to that water mill on the cover of the first black sabbath LP (i was in the area at the time, i do have a life, honest) - it looks EXACTLY the same...

i know this aint exactly a reliable source, but check this out;
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002471692,00.html

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    I'll believe it when I see the tickets on sale and then, trust me, I'll be in the front row with a big phat blunt in my cakehole. Unless it's Earls Court or Wembley.

Kazakhstan
    lol i somehow managed a few doobs in the bogs at wembley (manics tour 2002), and was puffin away during tallica at earls court (was in the nosebleed section though, so no one really cared), tis hard, but where there's a will...

i remember at the manics one the singer was whining on about how you can't smoke in there, and then he just said "f*** it, if they chuck me out theyre a few grand out of pocket" and lit up, which initiated a huge wave of sparking up throughout the crowd...

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    Have they banned smoking at the Brixton Academy yet? I know the Astoria has.