Thread: UK FOLK: Inheritance Tax petition...

Super Moderator

UK

UK FOLK: Inheritance Tax petition...

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ihtcrusade/

There's around about 12,000 names so far (last time I checked), it's already crashed the site's servers once already due to the massive influx of names, so get your name down to demand a scrapping of this atrocious tax.

Any decent human being should be able to see all-too-clearly that taxing people on the money/possessions/assets of their family member who has just DIED (for cryin' out loud!), is an absolutely disgusting thing to do.

England
    Signed!

Only problem is,if they scrap that they will just invent a new tax to fill the gap.I read today that the treasury have demanded that banks hand over all the personal details of people who have money in offshore accounts so that they can start taxing it

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Signed!

Only problem is,if they scrap that they will just invent a new tax to fill the gap.I read today that the treasury have demanded that banks hand over all the personal details of people who have money in offshore accounts so that they can start taxing it
    Someone mentioned something about the government looking into lad grabs? They're look at people who have long gardens with the idea of taking the land to build more houses on...

Not heard this myself... Anyone else?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i thought they allready did this myself?, my gran and grandad are in there 60's now and were filling out a will the other day (since my grandads had around 6 heart attacks in 20 years, yeah i know ) and they were told the goverment takes a perecntage of it for "taxation reasons", so the larger the inheritance the higher percentage they get, no joke.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Before you know it, you'll be taxed for breathing and living and for the 'benefit' of not working due to severe disability.

Super Moderator

UK
    Your grandparents can use a few workarounds, but I'm not really sure what they are. My parents drew up a new will last year, but it cost them like £400 to have the time with the solicitor type person to get all the work done.

You can also apparently give limited "gifts" of money to your family prior to your 'expected departure date' ... so-to-speak.

Getting taxed because you've died - surely it's the most obviously repulsive thing ever?! And the sadly deceased are the ones who were brought up to believe in saving and doing without so their family could have the money and use it to their advantage, after they've passed on ... but oh no, not if Darth Brown has anything to say about it.

One thing though - karma's a bitch, and Brown's done a sh*tload of bad things.

England
    We're faced with a big dilemma at the moment,i cant stand the entire labour party (just so thats known ) but i dont want blair to step down at this point like they are all shouting for,purely because it means brown gets to be the prime minister without even having another general election!Its just not right that he can be handed power like that without even putting it to the public!

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn straight Tricky - those who voted Labour (sheesh) voted for Blair to be Prime Minister, not friggin' Brown.

It's a tricky thing, because Brown will undoubtedly fudge the country up even more - but that'll most likely guarantee a failure for Labour in the next election - but it means struggling for two years or thereabouts with that freakshow in charge. It's a Catch 22 kinda situation...