Thread: Manhunt II announced for PS2, PSP and...Wii?

United States

Manhunt II announced for PS2, PSP and...Wii?

Rockstar Games announces Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and the Wii™

New York, NY – February 6, 2007 – Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Manhunt 2 for the PlayStation 2 system, PSP system, and Nintendo’s Wii™. Manhunt 2 is the debut title from the newly formed Rockstar London studio, which is developing the game in conjunction with series creator Rockstar North. The Wii™ version is being developed by Rockstar Toronto. Manhunt 2 will be available this summer.

"With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward," said Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games. "We are also excited to have our newest development team, Rockstar London, working on the title alongside our two established UK studios, Rockstar North and Leeds."
    IGN has a teaser video here:
    http://media.wii.ign.com/media/883/883115/vids_1.html

Gotta wonder what the controls for Wii will be like? Simulated neck slicing? Suffocating? Not exactly the kind of software that Nintendo is usually known for, but they have been trying to shed their "kiddie" image. I hope its good, I liked the first one, even if it was just a mindless gorefest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    who cares?, with all the trouble that faced there first i doubt very much it would get released, plus it was god aweful anyway in my opinion.

United States
    It will definitely get released, I don't see why it wouldn't. What didn't you like about the first one?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dunno, everything maybe, it wasnt my kind of game, just killing for killings sake, like what kind of target market is a game like that aimed at?

United Kingdom
    I quite liked Manhunt, I just wish they would leave some games (and films) alone nowadays and just kept Manhunt as a 'one off' thing.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    dunno, everything maybe, it wasnt my kind of game, just killing for killings sake, like what kind of target market is a game like that aimed at?
    Adolescents they love this kind of thing.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    dunno, everything maybe, it wasnt my kind of game, just killing for killings sake...
    I know what your saying Hellz, I like my killing with a bit of class. Like Silent Hill 2 for example. No point here really, just thought I'd plug that game again seeing as though it ain't been raised in a while.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Zzzzzzzzzz. I'll make sure to avoid this. I'm still mad I spent like $40 on the first one.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Yeah. The Manhunt sequel was already moving forward with last-gen dev kits. That's why you're seeing it on ps2 and the Wii (the Wii uses gamecube dev kit).

I wouldn't hold your breath if you're waiting for Manhunt II on the 360 or PS3.
    Last edited by Chaos; 08-Feb-2007 at 09:09 PM.