Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got to love James Cameron! Now he's sinking Christianity!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    it's up to us to make the world a nice place, it's part of the criteria he'd judge us on.
    *every person who reads that*

....****.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If a child dies at say less than a year old... Where does it go? Heaven or hell?

If it's heaven, how does God decide who gets the automatic passes to heaven? Why wasn't I deemed lucky enough to die so young?
    What I have learned when a person learns the sense of right and wrong that is when they are accountable for sins. How would a baby know to ask forgiveness we as parents are to teach our children the ways of God!
    If a baby would die ofcourse the child would go to Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    y'know that raises another question, you could'nt age in heaven or it'd be just frekay, so what does happen to a baby that dies, they'd probablt go to heaven, what without not being able to sin yet, but would they stay a baby forever?, how would that work?
    Good question huh? I guess we will know when we get there!
    I guess all these questions we are asking on this thread will be answered then!
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 26-Feb-2007 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    What I have learned when a person learns the sense of right and wrong that is when they are accountable for sins. How would a baby know to ask forgiveness we as parents are to teach our children the ways of God!
    If a baby would die ofcourse the child would go to Heaven!
    Voila! So how does God decide who the lucky ones are that die early on and get their automatic pass to Heaven?

How does God decide who he's going to perform a miracle to and convince them he exists?

If Hitler had been born in the middle of Rome, do you think he might have ended up a priest instead? How did God decide this particular individual should be dealt the events that would destin him to hell? Where just being born in a different place probably would have meant a totally different outcome....

For such an all powerful being, so set on letting out make a choice, his system is really loaded at times!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Voila! So how does God decide who the lucky ones are that die early on and get their automatic pass to Heaven?

How does God decide who he's going to perform a miracle to and convince them he exists?

If Hitler had been born in the middle of Rome, do you think he might have ended up a priest instead? How did God decide this particular individual should be dealt the events that would destin him to hell? Where just being born in a different place probably would have meant a totally different outcome....

For such an all powerful being, so set on letting out make a choice, his system is really loaded at times!
    Boy, you are putting me through my paces lol, ok...
    I know that sin can not be in the presence of God!
    Hitler..Hitler had choices he could been born in the middle of Rome and still been who he was who knows? The choices he himself made in life made him who he was he wanted the power that he craved. You can see that he had a whole nation following him with his hate of one race! Do you really think he would have been a priest? I dont! It's all about the choices man makes for themselves! Freewill!

Kazakhstan
    yeh its full of holes.

the way i see it anyone who kills or rapes has some sort of mental problem brought on by their environment & upbringing.

i'm not saying they shouldnt be punished, these individuals need to be isolated from society because we currently lack the technology to cure them, but all the same, technically it's not their fault, i dont think anyone *chooses* to be a nutter psycho and be totally cast out from society, so where's the fairness in judging them?

it's like the way homosexuality is a damnation worthy sin. they dont choose to be gay...its just the way they turn out! studies show that women who are under stress while pregnant are more likely to give birth to a child with homosexual tendencies... so why the hell should the individual be punished for something that is a product of circumstance?!
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Without getting into myself into the religion argument that is sure to explode in here.....I just want to say that I find this to be a quite interesting subject. I'll have to check out the Documentary when it airs. I don't see why christians are upset about it. I'm christian and I bet it will be a good watch....

United States
    yeh its full of holes.

the way i see it anyone who kills or rapes has some sort of mental problem brought on by their environment & upbringing.

i'm not saying they shouldnt be punished, these individuals need to be isolated from society because we currently lack the technology to cure them, but all the same, technically it's not their fault, i dont think anyone *chooses* to be a nutter psycho and be totally cast out from society, so where's the fairness in judging them?

it's like the way homosexuality is a damnation worthy sin. they dont choose to be gay...its just the way they turn out! studies show that women who are under stress while pregnant are more likely to give birth to a child with homosexual tendencies... so why the hell should the individual be punished for something that is a product of circumstance?!
    We are not to judge ANYONE.".judge not lest ye be judged" I have my own self to worry about I dont need to worry about others and what they do anyway whether they are sinning or not sinning...love thy neighbor as thy would love thy self or however that goes!
    We christians get a real bad rap for judging people and alot of christians do but we have to remember something ...we are going to be judged just as harshly as we judge others!
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 26-Feb-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think christians get a bad rap, especially in america for how christian groups have moved into territory's that dont mix with it, science, schooling and politics.
    intelligent design is the one that pisses me off a good deal, now if you believe that stuff, fine, but if you want to learn about your religion, go to a church not a school, plus theres religous education as well, adding a whole subject for just one of many religions is horrible in my opinion, granted i think its optional but the point stands, what if some kid had a crisis of faith or something then says "how does buddah or mohammed fit into that?", what the hell could the "teacher" say that wouldnt be biased?

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    We are not to judge ANYONE.".judge not lest ye be judged" I have my own self to worry about I dont need to worry about others and what they do anyway whether they are sinning or not sinning...love thy neighbor as thy would love thy self or however that goes!
    We christians get a real bad rap for judging people and alot of christians do but we have to remember something ...we are going to be judged just as harshly as we judge others!
    ah im not talking about christians judging people, i'm talking about god himself. sodom & gommorah and all that. it just doesnt seem right
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll wade in with my athiest-wellies, not out of disrespect to anyone "of faith", I'm just stating my thoughts.

Basically, the how and why of everything is so huge that it's far beyond our comprehension, I mean mega-far-beyond.

The whole "god created it all" thing is lame to me, cos in that case, who created god?

Then you think, where did everything come from, how old is it all, how far does it go on for, and what is the very nature of time itself, was there a "time" before time? If so, what the hell is that like, surely it can't be like anything, and how can you make everything out of absolutely nothing - the point I'm trying to make is, that sort of thinking makes your head actually feel like it's swelling, you can't comprehend it, and I feel that just slapping this human-like "god" thing all over the situation to explain it is far too simplistic and far too soon.

The human race is far too full of itself, we think we're the be-all and end-all, and that's the problem, we aren't, and as a result we're far beyond the ability to comprehend the ultimate how & why. Heck, we've only been to the moon, so how could we get anywhere near understanding everything, we only know a bit about ourselves as it is.

I personally see religion as a massive game of Chinese Whispers.

Am I correct that the Bible started to be actually physically written, like what, a couple of hundred years after the apparent events of JC etc took place?

Try your hardest, and you'll still manipulate a story as it's told. Also, what about the motives of those charged with writing this tome? JC is more often than not shown to be a white guy, God is always inferred to be a man, JC's parents didn't get jiggy at all?! Hmmm...

I think there could have been a bloke called JC, but I reckon he was just a really cool guy (if he existed) and that was that, he was a motivational speaker at most. That's a brief synopsis of my thoughts...

United States
    Jews dont have alot of these issues because questioning is the foundation of the Torah. I like how they dont recruit, but try to dissuade you from joining, I wish the were all like that.
    It has been found that, In the US,in surveys people say they go to church when they dont, because they dont want to look bad.

David and Goliath is a story about a big mook who bullies a town. David is a shrimp who summonses the balls to give Goliath a beat down. Just Like Ice Cube Vs. D Bo in Friday

Me, I have no religion and I am not "spiritual". I just dont have an interest.

though I loved the "jesus was really nice, taught people how to be cool and helped out people noone cared about" stories. They are a good example of how to be and the only really important message. A lot of the other stuff just gets in the way of that.
    Last edited by coma; 26-Feb-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    It's only a matter of time until Christianity and it's affiliates will be proven as bogus. The bible is man written document and cannot be taken as direct proof of God's existence. It is a bunch of poems of fantastical tales. I'm will not debate in depth on the subject with any Christian because they are incapable of answering anything other than "I don't care, I believe and that's all that matters."

Once upon a time I myself was a Christian. I attended bible study, knew powerful and well respected ministers I saw all the flaws tenfold. I will not name names but I will tell you that the particular group that I attended is one of the biggest Christian organisations in the world. I knew a guy there once, lovely fella. We would talk punk and other things that you don't expect from a Christian youth minister. I lost touch with him for a year but I saw a friend of his at a seminar once. "How's [name deleted]?" I asked. "Well, thats a difficult one", my friend answered. "He died a few weeks ago. God gave him Cancer and took him away because he was gay."

Is that supposed to be joke? Is this how Christians actually feel about this? Because someone has a different sexual preference, it means they deserve to die? I thought that if you asked God for forgiveness (which I imagine this guy would've on regular basis) then it's not supposed to matter what you did before. Immediately I thought of all my drug related 'sins' and thought, "why the f**k should I dedicate my life to something that doesn't care about me? That would snuff my life in a flash if I decided to form an opinion that differed from His." I hightailed it out of that congregation there and then and never returned.

Now when I look back on it, I remember the way they recruited me. I was a 15 year old kid, smoking, drinking and doing drugs. I was an easy target for their bulls**t and that's how Christians build their armies. I bet if you asked a Christian how they joined the church, 99% of them will tell you that they were at their lowest when God "saved them". What a load of old scrub.

They disprove anything scientific and hold their own science classes to give impressionable people their interpretation of the Big Bang and how it fits into their scheme of things. I'm all for this documentary and I hope it is done intelligently and with little mockery. Maybe people will open their eyes to the reality of life. Science. What we as humans discover and not what a book instructs us to discover. I mean I do believe in a creator, but it simply isn't plausible for me to believe in the biblical God. It's just text, nothing more.

"this time it's war"
    Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me man. I bet Jesus comes back at the premiere of this movie just to make a point.
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Feb-2007 at 08:44 PM.

United States

What if God was one of us ...?

Jesus was a kind human being (maybe off-earth educated-intelligent) that gave people of his time great advice : to love & not hate ... I love his work . Logic is not the enemy of religion , unless you get strung up and eviscerated by a hoard of religious psychopaths , which is exactly what happened to Jesus . The bible has so much about it that confounds anyone with a brain stem . If this planet is only 6 thousand years old ,WTF were the dinosaurs? Why can we see stars ? Light travels only so fast ; if the earth is so young ,like creationists believe, we would'nt be able to see stars. Ask someone that believes in this dogma if they use antibacterial products . Why would they believe antibacterial stuff works ? It goes against their belief system . Why would you believe that it works to clean when you dont believe in our planets 65million-plus year history ? Intelligent design : schmez-zign !
    I think that is poor gratitude to ignore the survival of human beings before Jesus' time ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I mean I do believe in a creator, but it simply isn't plausible for me to believe in the biblical God. It's just text, nothing more.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me man. I bet Jesus comes back at the premiere of this movie just to make a point.
    first off a joke , "oh gawd, and now here comes james caeron for the premier, and who follows him up the red carpet, its jesus, yo ,yo j.c, love those sandals!"

secondly, i used to believe the same thing but the more i think about it the more i think it's that the more we've evolved from being monkeys in trees (an i hear way, waaay before that starfish, just thought id point that out cus its interesting...anyway), we no longer live each day looking for food and shelter we have society, technology and language, and while this may stagnate us for all we know evolutionarily, we have more time to question, and have a proper identity to ourselves so we know now that we are born and eventually die, and many would ,rather than see this as a great reason to enjoy all around you, would get all depressed about, without wanting to sound to emo "the futility of living"...nope still emo, anyway i think its the nature of the human condition, even if you dont believe you'll still think "but there must be something", hell i still do even though i dont want to, becuase if the species homo sapien on a whole disbelieved at the same time you'd have something bad on your hands, (hey that's a stephen king type novel right there) cus we need something to believe in nowadays, even if subconsiously, to explain life itself to make it worth living.

though i gotta say my whole life, 18 years religion free, and its still pretty sweet, no booze, drugs or smokes, plenty of friends a nice house and a decent education, yet i have no beliefs in any religion, but am i hellbound? by something i dont beleive in?, should i be bound to those supernatural laws if they do in fact exist?

Kazakhstan
    JC vs JC...whoever wins...a huge following is disappointed

a feel some photoshop comin on...

THE LEISURE HIVE