Thread: New Stage Version of Night of the Living Dead

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

New Stage Version of Night of the Living Dead

Greetings all,

I wanted to let you all know about an original stage version of Night of the Living Dead being produced in Massachuesettes.... I adapted the screenplay myself and made some minor updates to the story, especially the ending....

If any of you are in the area auditions for the show are in a couple of weeks... If you want more info drop me a line at mr_roat@hotmail.com or visit the theatre website at scroll down to the bottom to see more info about the show....

Hope some of you can make it!!!

United States
    Just to let you know (not meant as a snipe) that this has been done a couple of times recently. I saw a version here in Los Angeles that was done by a local theater troupe, though unlike your version it was pretty true to the original with minor differences. There was another version I saw mentioned online that was on stage somewhere in San Francisco, CA, however having not seen that one I cannot comment.

All the same, I am interested in hearing more about your version and seeing it in production, so if I manage to get out to your neck of the woods I will look it up. NOLD brought to life on stage is a great concept, BTW.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Actually I know that it has been done a couple of times by a couple of different groups and writers... So no offense was taken... I actually was going to produce one of the "published' scripts but found that it was on the dated side and not adapted for the stage well.... I've also found reviews on all the major productions and tried to correct what they felt was negative... For one the large amount of expostion that is given by Radio and TV... I've tried to limit it and increase the amount of action... I've also fleshed out some of the characters a bit to make them a bit more realistic...

If anyone has seen the LA production or any other stage version of NOTLD I'd love to hear what you thought....

capncnut
    I live oceans away but wish you luck nonetheless.