Thread: Inland Empire

Kazakhstan

Inland Empire

david lynch is still a wacko.
    i saw this last week, anyone else see it?
    im still not sure what to make of it
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed
    Didnt know Lynch had a newer movie out....Ill have to check it out....havent seen a Lynch movie I havent loved!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    A new Lynch movie?

<immediately googles>

Undisclosed
    My local "Art House" theater doesn't get the film until next month. How was it?

Kazakhstan
    its about 3 hours long, largely improvised. weirdness. it incorporates some of those "rabbits" shorts he did.

laura dern is a down on her luck actress who scores a big break. this is occasionally interspersed with tales of prostitution in poland. it all goes pretty smoothly up until a point, then the lines of reality begin to blur and the rest of the film is pretty much open to interpretation.

it's worth a watch if you like lynch movies, definitely. and dern gives the performance of her career.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    I will investigate.