Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The new Michael Myers

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Hmmm I think that would be kind of odd...

Donald Pleasence - short, old, chubby, white.
    Ken Foree - extremely tall, not-so-old, not-chubby, black.
    lol, tell me about it.

How can that list not push your buttons, like Capn says, it's a veritable who's-who of the horror movie world, hopefully it won't be distracting, but many of them haven't been on screen that much, if at all, of late ... so it's not like Jennifer Aniston and Morgan Freeman suddenly stroll past and suck you right out of it.

Looks like Bob Zombie's got some pulling power in the horror industry these days, and rightly so.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    How can that list not push your buttons, like Capn says, it's a veritable who's-who of the horror movie world, hopefully it won't be distracting, but many of them haven't been on screen that much, if at all, of late... so it's not like Jennifer Aniston and Morgan Freeman suddenly stroll past and suck you right out of it.
    That what I was worried about initially until I remembered how well it worked with The Devil's Rejects. To see the likes of Michael Berryman and P.J. Soles making an appearance was really cool I thought.

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, while I'm not super duper happy about Halloween being remade, the fact that it's Rob Zombie at the helm, someone we know is a talented artist, as well as someone who both loves and respects not only the film in question, but the genre itself, makes it all better for me.

TDR was absolutely top notch, and watching the doc that came along with it (30 Days In Hell) just highlights in very close detail, how much effort and thought the dude puts into his filmmaking, his approach to cinematic violence was especially refreshing.

In this day and age there's too much "trendy violence", but with TDR he brought violence that left you feeling a bit shaken up, and that's what a good horror film is supposed to do, shake you up, make you scrunch up your face and go "ewww dude", and then leave images from the film left etched on your mind for a while afterwards.

capncnut
    TDR was absolutely top notch, and watching the doc that came along with it (30 Days In Hell) just highlights in very close detail, how much effort and thought the dude puts into his filmmaking, his approach to cinematic violence was especially refreshing.
    30 Days in Hell is almost as good as the movie itself. An absolute humdinger of a making of documentary.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    holy crap, i searched on youtube for it and found nothing.

hell has officially frozen over.

capncnut
    Well it's a 2 hour documentary so that doesn't surprise me. Get the double dvd in Virgin or HMV, should only be about a fiver. Totally worth the cash and you get a special Last Supper type cover.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, get the DVD, damn...

YouTube isn't the answer to f*ckin' everything, it's not the Messiah (spare me the "naughty boy" lines )...

Anyway, it's an excellent documentary, it goes so far into the making of the film that you don't have any questions left over at the end. Not all movies require such deep behind the scenes, but TDR definitely did and it was rather well made (although the noise when the text comes on screen I personally found annoying).

I've watched the doc a couple of times now.

capncnut

Super Moderator

UK
    Hell yeah, but did you have a hard time understanding what he said in interviews? It was kinda like when you slow down a voice in a computer, but natural in this case, not taking the piss, just saying as it was kinda hard to tune into his voice sometimes ... I found anyway.

Banned User

United States
    the link does not work for me

capncnut
    Hell yeah, but did you have a hard time understanding what he said in interviews? It was kinda like when you slow down a voice in a computer, but natural in this case, not taking the piss, just saying as it was kinda hard to tune into his voice sometimes ... I found anyway.
    I know what you mean, Matt GcGrory had one deep voice, like a record playing at a slower speed or something. I still can't believe the guy died right after TDR.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I know what you mean, Matt GcGrory had one deep voice, like a record playing at a slower speed or something. I still can't believe the guy died right after TDR.
    And is that him in CKY2K at the door or some bar as a doom man?

capncnut
    That certainly is and he was also in Manson's video for Coma White.