Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hoyl crap (minor pun intended)

capncnut
    Yup. Staged.

Super Moderator

UK
    Staged most likely, but funny none-the-less ... I hate door-steppers, F*CK OFF ALREADY!!! If I wanted your crappy religion that you have to advertise door-to-freaking-door, then I'd already be standing beside you annoying other innocent homeowners who don't want your shiite. ARGH!

*rolls around in his own atheism and enjoys it*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    LOL, say when when God pulls the lever to the trapdoor on your ass.

United States
    Stop that. Only dogs do that.

Jeffery Dahmer said you have to get your morality from the Bible, without it you will have no morals. He should know, right?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    LOL, say when when God pulls the lever to the trapdoor on your ass.
    Hey man, if I die and then wake up on a fluffy cloud and there's a guy sitting at a desk with "I'm God, bitch!" written on his little title card thingy, then I'll own up and admit I was wrong ... however, right now, I ain't got anything real to go on, so I'm sticking with science.

*runs, jumps and belly flops into a big pool of atheism*

United States
    *runs, jumps and belly flops into a big pool of atheism*
    Wheeeee! I'm all covered in Atheism. Mom's gonna be mad!

2 boringest conversations in the world
    Insurance
    Religion
    *yawn!*

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post

Insurance
    Religion
    *yawn!*
    Try talking to a religious insurance salesman! HO!

United States
    Try talking to a religious insurance salesman! HO!
    \I have actually had that experience.
    Know what he talked about?
    His stamp collection!
    help!

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post

Insurance
    Religion
    *yawn!*
    then you didnt read my post about how i convinced a friend the devil wrote the bible, i also told him the other day that the reason we cant find a missing link is cus we interbred with aliens when humantiy dwindled during a past ice age or something to a few thousand, and we dont have fur and tales becuase we look more like aliens than apes now.

dern i love screwin' with peoples heads.

and on the threads topic note, i printed off some satanic liteature off the net and give it to jahovas witness' that knock on my door.

-though once i told one my thoery how caddyshack was a homage and theological expression of the nature of faith

Super Moderator

UK
    lol ... only dogs and me, you mean!

As for Dahmer, he can suck a f*ck, I've no faith but I have morals still. Religion doesn't make the man, the man makes the man (agreeing with you btw).

United States
    lol ... only dogs and me, you mean!

As for Dahmer, he can suck a f*ck, I've no faith but I have morals still. Religion doesn't make the man, the man makes the man (agreeing with you btw).
    Dahmer kept a dick in a box to snack on later so his views on Morality and self control are...umm... suspect

Funny,that stereotype "saved in jail" bit.
    If you want parole you pretty much have to keep repeating "god, lord, jesus, bible, saved" etc

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    If you want parole you pretty much have to keep repeating "god, lord, jesus, bible, saved" etc
    Sounds like this Alcoholics Anonymous thing you guys have in America (we probably have it hear, but perhaps a bit different) where they have to pledge allegience to God or something ... now that's a bit messed up if you're agnostic, of some weird faith, or prefer to bathe in the sordid pool of atheism & vice (like myself) ...

Why does religion have to have anything to do with saved morality? In fact, you're just as likely, or possibly more likely, to achieve that through you're own effort and rationality and elbow grease, rather than incessant praying and such ... besides, sounds like a system to be easily abused.

Was reading something interesting recently though, that in court you can swear on something that isn't the Bible, or on nothing at all if you're a vice-pool-diver like myself. At least that's something, but then you think - especially in America - if you were there as a witness and proclaimed your atheism at the start, would that warp the view of the jury, especially if it's a court in some place like Alabama?

That's pretty messed up...

United States
    Sounds like this Alcoholics Anonymous thing you guys have in America (we probably have it hear, but perhaps a bit different) where they have to pledge allegience to God or something ... now that's a bit messed up if you're agnostic, of some weird faith, or prefer to bathe in the sordid pool of atheism & vice (like myself) ...

Why does religion have to have anything to do with saved morality? In fact, you're just as likely, or possibly more likely, to achieve that through you're own effort and rationality and elbow grease, rather than incessant praying and such ... besides, sounds like a system to be easily abused.

Was reading something interesting recently though, that in court you can swear on something that isn't the Bible, or on nothing at all if you're a vice-pool-diver like myself. At least that's something, but then you think - especially in America - if you were there as a witness and proclaimed your atheism at the start, would that warp the view of the jury, especially if it's a court in some place like Alabama?

That's pretty messed up...
    AA has the "higher power" principle. Give up your will to a higher power. Which means Jesus (becasue the creators was jesus people) but is sometimes interpreted to mean your Harly you trick out or you gamecube . whatever. It seems like a place to get some ass for a lot of people. In Hollywood its a networking place.
    It helps some people, but I dont know. Its really "I have the will to stop and people to talk about it with" that I think ios the real reason it can work.

I would swear on a Bible if in court because Americans dont like/trust Athiests. Though I think many people are pretty much disinterested but ,because of societal expectations, claim to be faithful. Usually the only admitted atheists/Agnostics are arty,intellectual, science types.

A funny line from A movie called She's the one described it perfectly

"I cant divorce your Mother. Its a sin!"
    "But Dad, you don't believe in God"
    "Doesn't mean I cant be a good Catholic"

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    A little side tack, but i remember a conversation with my dear old arsehole dad. They actually call it your "Higher Power". I thought the god aspect was kinda ridiculous. He said his friend decided his higher power was his '57 Chevy. That'd work for me.

That said, I think Obama could do okay, and it would certainly be a watershed event if he got elected. But when you have a mook in office who makes Nixon look good, how tha hell can you go wrong?

But in some of his early speeches, pre announcing candidacy, he did get a little goddy. Guess it's a requirement. He hasn't whacked me in the face with it yet, or said anything blatantly hypocritical that I've found yet, so that's a tentative thumbs up.

Just no Hilary. Please no. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I like Chuck Schumer (one of my senators) but she hasn't seemed to do f**k-all as my other in 7 years, just fishing for "her moment in history" leading to right now. Besides her general "Universal health care now, mother$$$$ers" which I can get behind.