Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday night Romero double feature on TCM Underground

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I have never seen The Crazies. Was this a very violent film back in the day. And should I expect to see a censored version on TCM?
    Dude, if you class yourself as a Dawn fan then The Crazies should be right up your alley man.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Dude, if you class yourself as a Dawn fan then The Crazies should be right up your alley man.
    Its a classic era GAR horror movie. What's to qyestion? Of course they'll like it
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    TCM does not edit or censor movies EVER!
    11AM of 2 AM, if it has tits, there they are.
    That channel rules.
    Though they usually dont how tougher films in the afternoon, more production code films. But in the early evening they will show stuff with lots of swear words.

Bring on the bllod and guts!

Crazies had shooting with prominent blood. But it is not super biolent.
    There is however a very disturbing scene about half way through (you will know what I mean when you get there) and the opening is pretty hard. Most of the blood is on White Radiation suits.

There are a couple of things disturbing in that movie. The priest burning himself, The father raping his daughter, the mass burning scenes, etc. I just watched it again on DVD and I love that movie. Has the real feel of most low-budget 70's horror films.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    There are a couple of things disturbing in that movie. The priest burning himself, The father raping his daughter, the mass burning scenes, etc. I just watched it again on DVD and I love that movie. Has the real feel of most low-budget 70's horror films.
    It's def got that GAR feel and look. I think his editing stlye then was very unique. btw The Father, who was also Frankenstein in Day, didnt rape her. She was into it. I least It seemed that way to me. That's one of the wierder parts of the movie. That was the halfway point wierdness I was talking about I like the woman with the broom. I thought the whole intro with the father going nuts and the scared kids was really powerful.
    The commentary on the DVD is really goos too

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    I watched it early this morning after running on the track. That movie was funny. I didn't realize that was the doctor from Day. Btw, the bearded scientist working on the cure. Was that the guy with the eye patch on Dawn? Who else was in it from other Romero movies?

United States
    I watched it early this morning after running on the track. That movie was funny. I didn't realize that was the doctor from Day. Btw, the bearded scientist working on the cure. Was that the guy with the eye patch on Dawn? Who else was in it from other Romero movies?
    Frankenstein from Day was Horny Dad. And The scientist (eye patch fella) was the same actor and supposed to be pretty much the same character. I think thats it.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    I liked the fact it was uncut, too. Saw T&A at the beginning.

United States
    I liked the fact it was uncut, too. Saw T&A at the beginning.
    told ya

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers