Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK FOLK - Petition against live music legislation...

Super Moderator

UK
    Because it still lets the voice be heard and it shows our dissent for their retardation, if you have that kind of defeatist attitude you might as well just give up on everything. It brings attention to matters, and even if they bluster on like they usually do, the people who have signed the petition have shown unity, and they have seen there are many others who feel the same.

I mean how hard is it, name/address/email/click a link - done.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Because it still lets the voice be heard and it shows our dissent for their retardation, if you have that kind of defeatist attitude you might as well just give up on everything. It brings attention to matters, and even if they bluster on like they usually do, the people who have signed the petition have shown unity, and they have seen there are many others who feel the same.

I mean how hard is it, name/address/email/click a link - done.
    Actually sometimes that stuff does work. Thats how people who complain about Janet Jacksons tits get listened to. They are loud so they get play. If others are loud they will get play too. Its the disinterest and alienation that lets this stuff take place. Though it is easy to feel defeated before you even start because we always seem to lose. If officials feel enough people are against them, they get scared for their jobs and then you win.

A cop abused me. I was scared to file a complaint, but did anyway. Apparently I wasnt the only one. A year later he was fired in disgrace. That was a really big deal and a big lesson to me.

Though Im totally on the same page MZ. I try to exercise my rights. If everybody gives up, why even attempt a democracy?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Though Im totally on the same page MZ. I try to exercise my rights. If everybody gives up, why even attempt a democracy?
    Perzactly!

Democracy is most definitely worth a little effort for every citizen.

Like the petition against the Road Tax scheme they came up with, while they're still saying they're going to bluster on with it, but it's going to come up against continued and denser opposition, I know it will. It got nearly 2 million signatures - the online petition thing is a great idea, it allows people to exercise their democratic opinion in a quick and easy way. It should be done more, especially on issues that will affect everybody.

Name/address/email/click a link - snorted. Democracy isn't worth that? pfft ...

Get clickin' ya damn, dirty British apes!