View Poll Results: When will there be a perminantly manned Lunar base?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2020-2029

2 18.18%
  • 2030-2039

2 18.18%
  • 2040-2049

5 45.45%
  • 2050-2059

2 18.18%
  • 2060 or later

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will there be a perminantly manned Lunar base?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    If there is another space race to the moon it will be between the US/EU and China/India. Russia will be on the sidelines selling technology and lift capacity to both programs.
    Sounds reasonable.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    China are going for it? Now ... not to sound like a dick, but just going on their reputation for insane amounts of secrecy, censorship and crushing of the poor under their sky-scraper feet, I wouldn't trust them with such an achievement...

Isn't their (well, and Japan) strangle hold on the electronics industry enough?!
    Not to mention having a minimal, to say the least, military budget. Japan building a moon base would be great for them and everyone else because they would share information and be very open. They woulodnt use it as a pro0paganda tool ecept maybe to prove they a still big stuff in the world

China would be the worst choice. That gov really sucks.

Indias national airline is still the most dangerous in the world so I find it erally unlikely, at least in the near(er) future.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Of course, living on the moon, you'd have all that time to look at the Earth from space, which must be an absolutely awe-inspiring sight that only a privileged few have ever seen ... must be quite something, even perspective changing.

And totally, the city is too constrictive and glum, the countryside is open and fresh (expect when some bastard farmer has spread the foulest sh*t on his fields - why can't something be invented that stops muck spread on fields being so absolutely foul smelling?!)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Considering there hasn't been a manned operation to the moon in like 20 years? (maybe more) I sincerly doubt we'll see a BASE on there anytime soon. I think Japan is just boasting.