Thread: Legal Status of NOTLD ...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Legal Status of NOTLD ...

Recently, I've read that NOTLD is in the public domain. I also assumed this was true because of the recent remakes, and the ability to make money off of the remakes. However, while making requests for actors at craigslist.org, I was informed that the movie isn't in the public domain and would be difficult to distribute the film?

Does anyone here know the real deal about this? Am I able to remake this film and sell it off, like Reese did, and the director of NOTLD 3D did? Or am I on the wrong track?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Go ahead and make it.

Although, be warned, it has been remade and is being remade by 1,000,000 different people. So your remake will most likely be over-looked. No offense, but a lot of people are sick of the Night remakes and just don't bother checking them out.

capncnut
    There is a lot of truth in the Pizz post but on the other hand there are people who appreciate independent filmmaking on all levels. I personally wouldn't dream of remaking a movie but Reese Evenesheshevenen (too many JD's ) has proved that it can be done cheaply and successfully. If it's in your bones then do it bro.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    When you've had sex with more women than there are NOTLD remakes, you're a stud.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    When you've had sex with more women than there are NOTLD remakes, you're a stud.
    Zing....

We don't need another remake so fast we had 2 back to back. Let them have their time then come back to it in 20 years.

Plus if NOTLD was not in Public Domain, a whole ****load of filmmakers would get their balls sued off for shambling flesh eating zombies.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Brown View Post
    However, while making requests for actors at craigslist.org, I was informed that the movie isn't in the public domain and would be difficult to distribute the film?

Does anyone here know the real deal about this?

So far as i am aware NOTLD is no longer in the public domain, we talked about this just a couple of months ago so you should do a search and find some backdated posts on this forum which will probably hold the information you are looking for.