Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting..

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    We need our guns because of ass piles like this. we need to ban Koreans to solve the problem.
    mmm... what has his being Korean have to do with anything, Americas own FBI state psychopaths as being white males with High IQ's averaging around 25, And I dont beleive that is very accurate either. To suggest someone is a nutter due to race or creed or anything other then the fact they are a nutter is a foolish assumption to make. mmmm... kinda redneck comment.
    Last edited by Dommm; 20-Apr-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Most of the time, I can at least understand what the opposition is trying to get at. But with gun nuts I just can't. It doesn't many any sense. Any of it. Guns are not about freedom, stop saying it is.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Guns are not about freedom, stop saying it is.
    Indeed! There is no such thing as (true) freedom! Freedom in reality is nothing other than compromises generally for the benefit of the majority.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommm View Post
    mmm... what has his being Korean have to do with anything, Americas own FBI state psychopaths as being white males with High IQ's averaging around 25, And I dont beleive that is very accurate either. To suggest someone is a nutter due to race or creed or anything other then the fact they are a nutter is a foolish assumption to make. mmmm... kinda redneck comment.
    It was rather clear he was illistrating absurdity by being absurd. Banninf Koreans is as effective as banning guns. Niether are the problem.

Most of the time, I can at least understand what the opposition is trying to get at. But with gun nuts I just can't. It doesn't many any sense. Any of it. Guns are not about freedom, stop saying it is.
    It is about Freedom, if you didnt despise freedom or America and knew a little history you might be able to see the reason why a free society is able to own guns.

Ultimatly the purpose is so that we have some defense against the government if they turn tyranical and try to take away our other rights. The founders were smart to put that it in there. Otherwise we could end up like Britain wil be in a few years, with speech codes, and thought police and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Indeed! There is no such thing as (true) freedom! Freedom in reality is nothing other than compromises generally for the benefit of the majority.
    BS, freedom is a god given right. The country was founded on it, yours wasnt. So I can understand why its not as ingrained into your culture.

The difference between us and you is this:

Your government allows you to do things.

Our constituton allows our government to do things.
    Period.

It was set up that way so that the people remained 1st and the government second and weaker. Its not so in Jolly ole England. Proof is how they are banning more and more items from your ownership, I wouldnt doubt if speech codes are next if they arent already there.

We keep and bare arms because, noone has a right to tell us we cant. NOONE. Get it yet? And while our government has been trampling our rights for some time it isnt to the point yet where it needs to be thrown off and recreated. But at least at that time we will not be completely unarmed. try that in the UK, oh thats right you wont be able to. Your government has all the weapons... you all better be good little slaves now.
    Last edited by Khardis; 20-Apr-2007 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United Kingdom
    Freedom is not about guns, or about what you can or cannot get away with , it is an ideal; a state of mind, true UK is becoming more and more of a nanny state, but it does not make me any more free to hold a gun. People with guns make mistakes, people with guns in the house are more likly to have an accident, i.e a child getting hold of and playing with the gun. The idea that guns are linked to freedom IS BS. Freedom will and always will be a state of mind. At the end of the day if I am truly intent on holding a gun I will manage to get hold of one, just as if I am truly intent on creating some sort of weaponary I will be able to. This is my freedom and that cannot be controlled by any authority for the masses though it can be made difficult. Just as if I chose to walk out of my door at 2am, on a monday night I can do though the question is why would I want to, theres nothing to do. To me having a gun decreases freedom because if I have one so does every other guy on the street and if everyone has one then we have fear and fear is destructive to this so called freedom.

But then that is just my opinion

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It is about Freedom, if you didnt despise freedom or America and knew a little history you might be able to see the reason why a free society is able to own guns.

Ultimatly the purpose is so that we have some defense against the government if they turn tyranical and try to take away our other rights. The founders were smart to put that it in there. Otherwise we could end up like Britain wil be in a few years, with speech codes, and thought police and all.

You don't seriously believe that yourself? There's not a chance in hell that todays US citizens would use their guns for what they were originally intended for. Guns don't equal freedom. Freedom is not a god given right, and anyone who says so can go and join the Templars. Freedom is when you can live in a country and speak your mind and affect the ruling body. Guns don't come into the equation, stop trying to convince yourself that they do.

United Kingdom
    mmmm.... does my freedom end when my bullets run out????

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommm View Post
    mmmm.... does my freedom end when my bullets run out????
    Good point. Also, let's not forget that if Guns are for everyone, so are nuclear bombs. Yet, I bet there's alot of gun nuts around here who wouldn't want Iran or North Korea to acquire them.

Super Moderator

UK
    Everybody should be able to achieve freedom, but most certainly not everyone should be put next to a gun, there's countless people I'd rather not have a gun, so it's best that we're not running around with guns.

And the UK is a gun-free society, the countryside has many guns that are legally owned - I myself have been shot at by one of these legally owned shotguns by an enraged farmer, if he'd been closer I would have no doubt heard "get orf mah laaaand!!!"

United States
    I read this article and more or less agree 100%

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentary.nugent/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

I still think it should be as hard to get a gun as it is to get a mortgage loan and the process should take months.

United States
    In NYC you must have a gun permit for every type of firearm, That includes Target pistols and shotguns/rifles.if you are extremely rich or if you are a celebrity you get one, everyone slese can go screw. The form is like 100 pages long, costs 200 dollars plus and they make you wait months. Then they deny you and keep the money.
    and thats for IN YOUR HOME.

15 yeasr ago there were 30,000 carry premits here, now there are 6000.
    If you cant prove you carry around 100,000 dollars then you are allowed to get smoked. Gun Control isnt gun control, its control of the working class and all privelge goes to (surprise) the ruling class.

I can walk 20 blocks out of the city and get a shotgun with no permit, and possibly get a carry permit for a pistol.
    If I move out of the city I am buying a gun. Then I cant post pics of it too and jizz on my collection too

BTW, You cannot be granted rights, only denied them. In America gun ownership is a right, not a privedge. If your not a nut, junkie/drunk or a felon or a domestic abuser you should be able to have a gun in your home, at least. Some Anti gun advocates say "the british arent coming, so its invalid", but the constitution doesnt say anything about that. When tyranny is mentioned, it is referring to the (especially at that time) certain likeleyhood that the gov will become tyrannical and you will have to take them down. Freedom is fragile and will be immediately revoked if the possibility is there.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    In NYC
    I might be mistaken, but isn't NYC also a relatively safe place? Again, I might be way off but one of my friends told me there were so many police officers in NYC that nothing big ever happened.

Guns don't have anything to do with freedom. As Dommm clearly put it "Am I still free when I run out of bullets?" Every country has it's limitations. Some countries sensibly (in my view) don't allow guns because they just cause trouble. Some countries outlaw certain films or games. The US outlaws certain ridiculous things as well. So freedom can't be measured in that way.

United States
    I might be mistaken, but isn't NYC also a relatively safe place? Again, I might be way off but one of my friends told me there were so many police officers in NYC that nothing big ever happened.
    Its safer than it used to be by a mile, But your friend is talking about Manhattan I am sure and Manhattan is only 1/5 of NYC. The city has gotten so expensive that a lot of people are driven father away from the city center so a traveler is not confronted with some of the harder realities. They dont go to Hunts point, East New York, Eastchester, South Jamaica, Fordham or Brownsville
    There a a buttload of cops in Manhattan but I live 4 blocks from a precinct and thats the ONLY place I ever see those useless bastids. Some dude git drilled in the lobby of my building 3 years ago, so I guess it wasn't so safe for that guy.

If some random dude on the street in Manhattan starts talking to you and asks if you are from Jersey or a tourist he is looking to play you. I say "I dont play that rap, so f**k off, yo"

NYC been getting safer since Dinkins was mayor in the early 90s so I am not sure of the reasons and noone else really is. Unfortunatly the safety has brought in a ton of Trust fund midwesterners who generally dont dig real New Yorkers (which is annoying when someone is an interloper and expects you to be like them rather than vice versa. Critisze my accent in MY town and get the Bozack!) and German toursts in tight ass nuthugging short shorts standing in the middle of the sidewalk blocking everyone about to go in the Disney Store on Forty Deuce where there used to all the Kickass grindhouses. Die Mother****er Die. Or Swiss jerkoffs telling you how "hiphop" they are but are afraid to go to the Bronx.

Excuse the generalities about German toursts , swiss B-boys and Trust fund Bible best values Midwesterners. I love y'all. really I do. Now go away
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland

hey ned

didnt americans come from the "GREAT BRITTAIN"??? yes learn history we my ancestors had to have guns to kick the current brits' ancestors A SSES.. so go play with your metal sticks you call swords... call me when you become a man. and i thought this thread was about the school shootin get on track people. the dude was a whack job and he is gone enough said...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowofthedead View Post
    didnt americans come from the "GREAT BRITTAIN"??? yes learn history we my ancestors had to have guns to kick the current brits' ancestors A SSES.. so go play with your metal sticks you call swords... call me when you become a man. and i thought this thread was about the school shootin get on track people. the dude was a whack job and he is gone enough said...
    Classic! Not sure what's worse, the spelling, the grammar or the content... I'll go away and have a think about it...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan