Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Die Hard 4 - Oh dear?

England
    I loved the trilogy,especially the first 2,im not sure what to make of that trailer though!It looks good,but at the same time it looks too massively over-done stunt wise in the way most new films are these days.When the first two were made they would use a real car to fly through the air and smash up so although unrealistic in a sense,it was still almost believable,whereas now a CGI car will flip 300 foot in the air,wreck half a block,have the camera spin right round it while its doing it and all that in highly glossed bullet time as seen in everything post matrix.I just dont like that style of film-making,i prefer gritty and somewhat real looking

Super Moderator

UK
    Is that the trailer with Kevin Smith in it? Aye I saw that y'un ... and despite the fact that some movies come out close, or on the same time as they do in the USA, the majority come out later, and some flat out take MONTHS - like Land of the Dead, we were the last country on the planet to get it that hadn't banned it!

capncnut
    If we were the last country to get Die Hard 4 then thats fine by me. Unrealistic, mindless, gung ho testicles!

Undisclosed
    Thanks god! This time I'm old enough to go see a die hard movie-- I think sneeking in to see the first three movies would have been alittle too die hardish for me at a young age!

Undisclosed
    the Die hard series was totally Bruce Willis's best films, all three rocked in my opinion, lets hope 4 dont let the side down...

Undisclosed
    Die Hard 4.0 as been cut for theatre version from an R rated or 18 certificated rated to a PG or a 12 classified rating.“Why would their censor the most entertaining movie in years”

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We already have a thread on this, don't get me started in two threads. I was so pissed about the PG-13 rating I posted 20th Century Fox's Contact Information for the Director of Marketing on the IMDB Message Board for Die Hard 4.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Damn Deej, this obviously means a lot to ya huh?

United States
    The series has declined IMO and I'm not terribly looking forward to this 4th installment.

DIE HARD was/is an epic action film; all time greatest list no doubt

2 was alright
    3 was forgetttable
    4 being PG-13 is a damn shame.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    3 was "forgettable"?!?!?,

thats one of the best action films ever!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    3 was "forgettable"?!?!?,

thats one of the best action films ever!
    Yup. The original and the third walk hand-in-hand.

Super Moderator

United States
    I thought two was totally forgettable and 3 was solid. Actually, I didn't like 3 that much coming out of the theatre, because I thought the actual ending was a bit of a let down, but later picked it up on VHS and watched the heck out of it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Two is a good bit of fun, but #1 is f*cking legendary and #3 is a superbly entertaining action film, it really is completely enjoyable and I love it to bits.

So is #4 definitely PG-13, anyone got a link? (I'm too lazy to go look, haha, yeah yeah, shut-it hellsing. )

United States
    Calling DIE HARD ****ing legendary is about as accurate a statement as I can think of. DIE HARD redefined the genre. It is literally, in all respects, the perfect movie.

Saying that 3 walks hand in hand with it is like saying Lucas new Star Wars films are as good as the original Star Wars films. If you were not fortunate to see DIE HARD on the big screen; that is a shame.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Damn Deej, this obviously means a lot to ya huh?
    CAPN, this is a Legacy they're a screwing with. Like everyone has said DH defines and re-defined what an action movie should be for audiences. Before actions films had wooden dialog and things just get blown up for fun, DH brought us a character we cared about, great lines, great acting and a superb amount of action.

To this day my favorite most quotable and memorable scene is when he is calling for help on Channel 9 on the radio and the dispatcher tells him "This Channel is Reserved For Emergency Use Only." His response is one of the funniest and best responses one could give... "No F*cking sh!t lady does it sound like I am ordering a pizza."

Not too mention Alan Rickman's portrayal of Hans Gruber was just fantastic.

DH2- not complete forgettable, but not all that great, DH3... come on, Sam Jackson, Bruce Willis... classic stuff man. Not as good as part 1, but a damn fine entry into the franchise.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 07-May-2007 at 02:56 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*