Thread: Breaking Point - My little 5 min film for school.

Banned User

Undisclosed

Breaking Point - My little 5 min film for school.

A little film I did for school, looking for honest opinions here. But be constructive please.

Also. I want to address beforehand that I know my audio is a little sloppy, our Boom mice went AWOL for the project and I had ot use the camera mic X_X

anyway here ya go.
    A little film I did for school, looking for honest opinions here. But be constructive please.

Also. I want to address beforehand that I know my audio is a little sloppy, our Boom mice went AWOL for the project and I had ot use the camera mic X_X

anyway here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-UcCu2ahf8

Oh yeah and its also hosted on my website

http://www.tentoseven.com

We also have some comedy stuff you may want to check out and comment on
    Last edited by Khardis; 08-May-2007 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    heres the embed

i think it started stronger than it finished, lighting and editing and music were above the "guy who just happens to have a camera" standard, i think the monologue needed a little work ,it was believable till he said something along the lines of "and i wanted to punch off his mouth" then he goes and shoots a dude with HIV and smokes a cigar, it all seemed a bit like a comedy sketch from jam or something.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    heres the embed

i think it started stronger than it finished, lighting and editing and music were above the "guy who just happens to have a camera" standard, i think the monologue needed a little work ,it was believable till he said something along the lines of "and i wanted to punch off his mouth" then he goes and shoots a dude with HIV and smokes a cigar, it all seemed a bit like a comedy sketch from jam or something.
    So youre trying to say you think it should be longer and more stretched out? I agree with that if thats what youre saying... There is a lot of story there but not enough time to put in a lot of exposition. Blame the constraints of the project for that though ( 5 minute max). I should probably cut together the longer version which would run about 12 minutes.

And you're right the VO was kinda bleh... I've hated it since I put it in, but time constraints really forced my hand. I should redo that audio.

capncnut
    I think it worked well, it definitely started out interesting. Had a few cool ideas. However it was when I heard the golden words...

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    "and i wanted to punch off his mouth"
    Actually that was "break his mouth" and I agree, one or two bits in the narration were a bit rough.

Other than that, I really had no problem with it.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I think it worked well, it definitely started out interesting. Had a few cool ideas. However it was when I heard the golden words...

Actually that was "break his mouth" and I agree, one or two bits in the narration were a bit rough.

Other than that, I really had no problem with it.
    Argh it must be a regional thing... everyone around these parts talks like that :P thats surely coming out then.