Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 360 elite question

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And that's a seperate issue from the red rings of death, which i'm sure they knew about pre-launch.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i aint to bothered, bigger memory space is not going to sell a console for me, thats a pc gamers affiar, i stick to a nice looking console, with a cool controller adn great games, memory capability doesnt seem to big a deal, if i can save games on it i dont need bigger one.
    Hells, we've been through this before. The new 360 is not going to have more memory than the other one. It will have more disk-space (bigger hard drive). There's a huge difference between memory and disk-space. If it were to have more memory people would be VERY pissed (more so than now) about it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i dont mean memory in that way i grew up with memory cards so i just call the capacity memory as an all purpose slang term for were you save your games, there explanation done.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Microtransactions sucked in the beginning, but MS has cleaned up its act considerably, charging a much more fair amount than previously. Plus Xbox Live Arcade is starting to get some really great games, and they are selling really well. This is great news, and hopefully MS will put it at the forefront of their online strategy. Live Arcade is a great outlet for independent game devs to get their voice heard.
    A friend of mine recently bought a 360 because they saw me and another pal having a shufty on the arcade (the weirdo really likes that Rootbeer Tapper game btw ). I have to admit, I'm too busy nowdays to play much but to some folks, Live is the console's greatest feature and more consumers are beginning to think this.
    Last edited by capncnut; 04-Jun-2007 at 08:45 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye i agree, i downloaded symphony of the night and for the roughly 4 quid cost its better than some 360 games taht cost way more -cough-amped 3-cough.

-oh and nice to see ya back man

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    oh and nice to see ya back man
    Snoogans.

My only conditions were a namechange, free HPotD merchandise for life, £10,000 pounds and a packet of chocolate hobnobs. Not bad considering...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you should've held out for some dr.pepper.

capncnut
    Oh, I was going to but I was told that even a CAN of Dr Pepper was completely out of the question. Don't blame 'em really.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll keep the jiffy bag of warm Lilt to myself then, eh?

Anyway, I recently got a Core Console, and it suits me fine, I won't bother getting into this live business for a good while yet, or at least until I get the hard-drive at a later stage (I'm fine right now with a memory unit and my four, currently, games).

I have a question though, you get this silver membership for free - can you download demos of games with that?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the only thign you cant do on silver is play games online you can download movies, themes gamer pics, demos full games, trailers, makings of and loads more.
    not bad for free huh?
    and try getting a pre-owned hardrive, with the occiasional updates that improve the OS and ackwards compatibility its worth it for a rpeowned one, ive seen them for 40 quid in the station

capncnut
    Here you go MZ, from ol' Gatesy's gob itself.

Xbox 360™ and Xbox Live® feature two levels of membership, the premium Gold service and the free — yes, free—Silver status that is available to all Xbox 360 owners (if you purchase the Core system you will need an additional memory unit or hard drive). All you need to do is plug in to your broadband Internet connection, register for Xbox Live Silver (accepting the Terms of Use), and you're online with Xbox Live Silver. Silver membership — the perfect introduction to the new Xbox Live online gaming and entertainment service.

Silver-level access is free of charge for all Xbox 360 owners (except those who have previously been banned from Xbox Live and Korean users under the age of 14) — there's no reason not to try it, even if you're just the slightest bit curious. It's an instant membership that's only a few clicks away (Note that there is a limit to the number of Silver level signups per console).

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace
    You'll find the the Xbox Live Arcade in the Marketplace, where you can purchase great casual arcade games like Ms. Pac-Man or Small Arms. Just download them to Xbox 360, and they're yours to play again and again, they're perfect for casual gamers or anyone who loves great game play. Try Xbox Live Marketplace free with Silver!

Besides arcade games, other goodies are all available in the Xbox Live Marketplace, and even Silver-level members can jump right in and start shopping. You don't even need a credit card, because Xbox Live offer gift cards at retail stores and other locations. Upgrade to Xbox Live Gold and you’ll also have access to exclusive Gold member content.

Movies & TV Shows
    You can also tap into hours and hours of movies and TV shows. Xbox 360 is the only gaming console to provide HD and standard-definition TV shows and movies direct to you! Check out Xbox Live Marketplace to find your favorite movies and TV shows to download.

Online Community
    Voice chat, text messaging, and Friends Lists are ready to go — and because you're always just a click away with the new Xbox Live, you're always ready to communicate with other Xbox 360 users. And now with the new Xbox Live Vision accessory, you can hook up with friends and chat to your heart's content. See who's online and send audio and video messages

When you upgrade to Xbox Live Gold, enhance your gamer profile with access to online multiplayer games. Silver members begin by picking a gamertag, an online "handle," and building a gamer profile, just like Gold subscribers. That means you get to choose a gamer picture to distinguish yourself from the crowd, put up your personal motto, choose a Gamer Zone.

Of course, Xbox Live is primarily an online multiplayer service, and you need an Xbox Live Gold Membership to do that. When you upgrade to Xbox Live Gold, enhance your gamer profile with access to online multiplayer games, plus services like TrueSkill™ Matchmaking, and a personalized gamerscore and reputation.

Silver membership is available to everyone with broadband Internet service, and it's the perfect introduction to the new Xbox Live and everything it has to offer. After all, millions of members can't be wrong. Once you see what's online, you won't believe what you've been missing. Even if you've never tried going online with Xbox Live before, it's never been easier to start.
    Last edited by capncnut; 04-Jun-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Now, with my free silver thingy, do I have to pay for anything I download? Being new to the SexBox, all their explanations are a bit confusing to me at times, especially as they're littered with distracting self-chuffing sentences.

Also, what's this refurbished HDD idea Hellsing? Flesh it out as I'm a SexBox n00b.

capncnut
    Yes, think top up cards with a code MZ-san.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MZ - The free things on LIVE are as follows:

-Demos
    -Trailers
    -Behind The Scenes vids
    -Interviews
    -Certain TV shows and movies at random times (gotta keep checking)
    -Arcade trial games and the occassional free arcade game (again, keep your eyes open)
    -Movie trailers
    -Certain themes for the dashboard
    -Certain gamer pics
    -Add-ons for games (sometimes they cost money, depending)
    -Music videos

Things that aren't free:

-Full arcade games
    -Certain add-ons
    -Most TV shows
    -Most movies
    -Certain gamer pics
    -Certain dashboard themes

I think that pretty much covers it.

Super Moderator

UK
    -Demos
    -Trailers
    -Behind The Scenes vids
    -Interviews
    -Certain TV shows and movies at random times (gotta keep checking)
    -Arcade trial games and the occassional free arcade game (again, keep your eyes open)
    -Movie trailers
    -Certain themes for the dashboard
    -Certain gamer pics
    -Add-ons for games (sometimes they cost money, depending)
    -Music videos
    So I'd pay absolutely squat for those with the free silver membership? Sweet, it's all I was really bothered about, game demos like, try before I buy without having to bother with those magazines...Total Film is the only magazine in my life...well, save for the rare issue of Nuts.