Thread: Corey Taylor (slipknot/stonesour) joins ANTHRAX

Kazakhstan

Corey Taylor (slipknot/stonesour) joins ANTHRAX

WTF WTF WTF

i know there's a dozen or so thrash metallers on here - hows this for WTF wednesday?

It's Official: COREY TAYLOR Is Working With ANTHRAX On New Album - June 6, 2007

SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor has confirmed that he has been working with ANTHRAX on material for their upcoming studio album. Speaking to Germany's Rock Hard magazine, Taylor said of the possibility that he will become the new ANTHRAX singer, "It's been banded about. I'm not saying anything right now because all it's been is just talked about. Obviously, I'm really good friends with those guys. It kind of started as a joke. And then the more we talked about it, the more serious it got. I'm gonna at least help them out. It's kind of a dream come true — ANTHRAX is one of my favorite bands. We're just kind of taking baby steps right now. I know that we worked on about eight or nine songs together that I've written lyrics for, and there was a song that I had actually written for them that I was just gonna give them the music for, and once this kind of happened, I had to turn around and write lyrics for it myself. But there's nothing definite right now. It's one of those things where it's like we're just gonna kind of play it by ear and just see what happens. So there's nothing definite. It's something that we're talking about — it's something that we kind of wanna do. But I'm in two huge bands right now. So it's like I barely get enough time to sleep, let alone do another band. . . I'm gonna be busy, period. I'm just kind of honored that they would even consider me. These are people that I grew up listening to, these are guys that I had the privilege of getting to know on a real basis. To have them look at me and go, 'You know what? We would love to work with you.' It's such a huge compliment. It kind of makes me feel like I've come a long way in my life."

ANTHRAX announced its split with vocalist Joey Belladonna in January, less than two years after the group's classic lineup reunited for a "25th anniversary" tour. A replacement singer will officially be announced at the end of June, according to guitarist Scott Ian.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    Now that's just mad, but I think it'll work though. I thought Stone Sour's last album was red hot!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    still i dont see how only so many of the origional band makes it the same band, i think cky broke up yet one of ems still going round with a new band calling emself cky, sure they may sound like a great band but there not the same badn becuase of one member.

unless its slash o course

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This guys vocals would NOT work in Anthrax. Get Neil Turbin back, for crying out loud! DEATHRIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad I got to catch Anthrax twice during their reunion with Joey; including the reunion show that was put out on DVD... the other time was with Judas f*ckin Priest!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    This guys vocals would NOT work in Anthrax. Get Neil Turbin back, for crying out loud! DEATHRIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad I got to catch Anthrax twice during their reunion with Joey; including the reunion show that was put out on DVD... the other time was with Judas f*ckin Priest!
    I didnt know Belladonna was back with Anthrax at all. I dont like the John Bush stuff at all. I went to see Anthrax a few years ago and It was supposed to be the original lineup, but it wasnt. I was ripped off so I got really trashed and dont remember half the show. I also got lost on the way home.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Banned User

United States
    No matter who replaces belladonna it will never be the same. The sounds and the songs will always be different. This is very disappointing news.

Kazakhstan
    i caught anthrax w/belladonna the same weekend as slayer & megadeth once. drool.

some bands work after they kick everyone out, napalm death, marilyn manson, alice cooper, guns n roses, cradle of filth, old metallica only have 2/4 original members.

it can be kinda annoying, but i think it can work if you get the right people in
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    hellsing I could totally ask for you if cky has broken up. got close sources to the margera family naw mean?

capncnut
    Who the hell said CKY had split? Deron Miller had a nutty one onstage sometime last year but the group is far from finished.

On December 7, 2006, it was announced that the band had signed a worldwide deal with Roadrunner Records. Deron has officially stated that the band is working on the new album which the band will self-produce and that a lot of material has been recorded. They are sifting through hours of material and picking the "best" to be put on the album, something Deron says they were never able to do with the others. Jess mentioned with the last CKY record, it was a "total guitar record, but with this one, it will sound like a CKY record".

Only four songs have a title on the album so far, "The Boardwalk Body" which is about a childhood trip Deron took with his family to Wildwood, New Jersey, where shortly after his arrival, a body was found under the boardwalk. Other titles have been confirmed such as "Hellions on Parade", "... And She Never Returned" and "Gallow Mountain". The band will also film much of the studio sessions and hope to release it on DVD at some point.