Thread: Licensing...

United States

Licensing...

Does anyone know where I can go to get a license to show one the earlier Dead films: Night, Dawn, or Day? Swank motion Picture licensing only has the new ones: Night '90, Dawn '04, and Land.
    xxxopher
    -There's Always Another Level-
    www.xxxopher.com

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Write to Anchor Bay. They should be able to point you in the right direction if nobody else here can.

Undisclosed
    If I'm not mistaken, the original Night is in the public domain. I'm no lawyer, but I believe this means you're free to do with it as you wish... True?

/p

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Does anyone know where I can go to get a license to show one the earlier Dead films: Night, Dawn, or Day? Swank motion Picture licensing only has the new ones: Night '90, Dawn '04, and Land.

United States
    try anchorbay first.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the original Night is in the public domain. I'm no lawyer, but I believe this means you're free to do with it as you wish... True?

/p

i believe you're right about if a film is in the public domain you're free to do what you want with it. However, i'm not sure if night still falls into that catagory because it was inducted into the national film registry.

United States

Smile Thanx!

Thanks guys :-) I hadn't thought about Anchor Bay! They would know who at least since THEY had to get some kind of license to realease it on DVD. It was just wierd, Swank said, "It looks like it was put out by United Film Distributors, so you should try them." and I said, "They don't exist any more." So the girl on the phone said, "I guess you'll have to try to call or get ahold of the films creator." I like, yeah, right. Have you guys seen www.georgearomero.com recently? It's basically been turned into another platform for CamOp. And the links all seem to either do nothing or lead to the exact same page. I miss George
    xxxopher
    -There's Always Another Level-
    www.xxxopher.com

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Gar shouldn't be too hard to find dude. Just go to wherever he gets those glasses from. I imagine there's not a high demand for them and they're pretty rare.