Thread: 30 Days Of Night

Undisclosed

30 Days Of Night

I know it's not a zombie flick (it's vampires but they are undead) but i thought people would be interested in seeing the trailer for '30 Days Of Night'.
    For anyone that doesn't know, it's a comic adaption about a town in Alaska that has an entire month without sunlight each year. Vampires find out about the fact and decide to go eating...

http://http://uk.media.movies.ign.co...00/vids_1.html

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, Loo loo loo you got some too"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    this ones gonna be good.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah it does look good. The only thing that worries me is that you said it's a comic adaptation and we all know how those usually turn out.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    least he didnt try to be a pretentious dick and say "graffic nOv-el"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Semantics is everything. It's like calling a janitor a custodial technician. That does sound alot more grown up doesn't it. The odds are it's still going to suck though. Maybe they should have gotten your idol uwe boll to do it.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    then it would have been a ****ing masterpiece!!!!!11!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hm. But it is based off of a graphic novel. 30 Days Of Night was never a comic book.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Hm. But it is based off of a graphic novel. 30 Days Of Night was never a comic book.

I don't think the casual movie goer really knows the difference. It's like when we nerd out about zombies. The casual horror fan doeasn't know there's a difference between the infected from 28 days/weeks later and those from the GAR trilogy.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The only thing that worries me is that you said it's a comic adaptation and we all know how those usually turn out.
    Haha...gotta disagree with ya there, but yes anything that gets popular enough will get abused and there have been some bad comic to movie adaptions.

Still, to make blanket statements about the genre probably reflects a personal dislike of that style of film and does not seem indicative of the actual quality of every single comic to film movie. *Shrug*

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    speaking of bad comic adaptions who the **** thought jessica alba would make a good susan storm?!?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Sorry Mike, it was originally a three issue comic book. But i agree totally wiith darth los:

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I don't think the casual movie goer really knows the difference. It's like when we nerd out about zombies. The casual horror fan doeasn't know there's a difference between the infected from 28 days/weeks later and those from the GAR trilogy.
    I like a few comic adaptations, but i didnt like X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3 or Ghost Rider at all.
    Spider-Man 1 and 2 were fine but 3 was lame.

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, loo loo loo you got some too"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Haha...gotta disagree with ya there, but yes anything that gets popular enough will get abused and there have been some bad comic to movie adaptions.

Still, to make blanket statements about the genre probably reflects a personal dislike of that style of film and does not seem indicative of the actual quality of every single comic to film movie. *Shrug*
    i Didn't mean to make a blanket statement as there have been a couple of good book to movie adaptations. However they tend to be the exception and not the rule. Most of them have been lackluster at best and failed to deliver up to their fans expectations. I have collected comics since i was a boy, mostly x men , spider man, iron man and the fantastic four. i have also been a movie buff since i was very young so i don't think i'm prejudiced at all. I think i have a good grasp on both genres even though i haven't been into comics as much in recent years.

Undisclosed
    Just a quick note: In case you haven't seen the trailer, YouTube has it. Search under 30 Days of Night or 30 Days.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    speaking of bad comic adaptions who the **** thought jessica alba would make a good susan storm?!?
    Maybe the guys who head sony's gaming division?