Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sorry i have to ask

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Day was the first of the original trilogy that I saw (I watched them in reverse order actually), and I really enjoyed it and I still really enjoy it. It reminds me of when I first saw it at the age of 14. I'd never seen something so gory, and it was my first GAR flick. I reckon the movie rocks.

I'ts funny that you say that. I've never put much thought into it but now that you mention it , i watched them in reverse as well. How did that affect the way you view the series?

Undisclosed

weelll

To tell you the truth, Im not a huge fan of Day. I like it for what it is, but as a stand alone movie not that much. compared to dawn and night, both the 90's remake and original, I just dont think its that good. Of course Day can always have the solace that compared to the remake of day(at least what I can see from the previews) its friggin Braveheart.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru ofthe Dead View Post
    Sorry it just seems that filmakers think they need to use it in every scene. Yeah it's probably easier and cheaper, but to me it kinda takes the fun out of the movie seeing the splatter of fake blood all over the place.

I think you're right. I've compared the special efects in land to the ones from day and imo day's are superior. At this point cgi technology still looks too "fake" to be believably scary. It does have some uses though, like when they busted out of the mall in Dawn 04' and were surrounded by thousands of zombies. That was awesome and gave a sense of the hopelessness of the situation. Logan spoke about it, how they were outnumbered 400,000 to 1 but those are just numbers. Whenyou actually see it it's like

United States
    Good ol fashion make up and pig organs are always the thing to use

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's definitely something visceral and gritty about it. If these neo-special effects artists had to do a flick without computers they'd be screwed. There's no substitute for the skills that Masters like Savini and Nicotero bring. Also, more than that they had to be really creative with their effects. These guys were geniuses. How many times did they make up something right on set?

capncnut
    Dawn, Night, Day, Land - that's how I have 'em ranked.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i used to agree cap but of late im warming to day more than night, purley becuase i think ive seen it too much. there all good though i for one love land, sure it aint as typcially "romero" and more hollywood but its not a bad zombie movie.

and yes i liked big daddy ,ill admit it.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and yes i liked big daddy ,ill admit it.
    Fair do's mate. I know you got a healthy love of comics and Big Daddy is a comicbook-type hero, nootch.

I didn't mind Big Daddy's character really, I just thought he was overplayed, that's all.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Fair do's mate. I know you got a healthy love of comics and Big Daddy is a comicbook-type hero, nootch.

I didn't mind Big Daddy's character really, I just thought he was overplayed, that's all.
    Wooooo, Big Daddy!

Undisclosed
    Day is my favourite film. I remember seeing the trailer when me and a friend rented Re-Animator on VHS and being big fans of Dawn i got so excited. I managed to buy a (pirated) VHS copy when it hit the cinemas in the US (Copy came complete with drop-outs and flickers). I can remember watching it with my brother who asked 'What's this sh*t?'. Ah... happy memories. Still, the remake should be along soon and that looks GREAT!

Sorry, did i say looks great? i meant to say looks like a turd sandwich. My bad.

"If possible, sir. Only if possible"
    Last edited by MontagMOI; 05-Jun-2007 at 02:31 PM. Reason: i spazzed out

Undisclosed
    I liked day alot..The bleakness and just the perfect intreptation of hopelessness and desperation. In the other films there was a hint of escape, some sort of freedom and an attempt at a happy ending. I loved the setting and the charecters.

Those of you who say this is the least great out of the romero films..what? Wut? wut? Land was okay, a no brainer but fine at its best. It was like a baby monkey wiping its ass on the floor that was romero work. Rant over. Dawn is my favourite with Night then Day then Land.

Lol Ah For the days of Corn Syrup and Pig Organs
    Why arent you laughing?

Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    "If possible, sir. Only if possible"
    Ha! The nightmare begins...
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Ha! The nightmare begins...
    GRIFF - You must know that film as well as i do (to my eternal shame, lol)

Canada
    At first, I didn't like Day of the dead. I just thought it was a little too bleak for me, but that is what makes it great, right

After veiwing a few times over the past year, since I bought the DVD, just to complete my Dead trilogy, I have learned to like it more and more. I guess I've come to appreciate it. It is a great movie, the fx are awesome, it surpasses Land. I was very disappointed with Land, it just didn't have the same feel to it as the other three did. After one veiwing, I said, well that's it. I don't wanna see that one again

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    It is a great movie, the fx are awesome, it surpasses Land. I was very disappointed with Land, it just didn't have the same feel to it as the other three did. After one veiwing, I said, well that's it. I don't wanna see that one again

I feel the same way. i have found a use for my land dvd. it makes a great coaster.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"