Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOTD sequel thought

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wonder where that tatoo leads.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't think she's hot at all. And that tattoo just makes it worse.

And I like Eugene Clarks acting. Well, maybe like is a strong word. But I don't mind it, and he has the perfect looks for the role.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And what would those looks be? Anybody playing a zombie can be made up to "look" the part.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    to reply to the past 2 pages:

yes riley sucked, he was as bad as the guy like him who got bitten at the end of dawn 04'

i actually liked big daddy and his performance gave him the feel of a neolithic tribal chief when he roared usually over the way his kind were being treated, he was savage but he had purpose, he was meant to be more as a person weras bub was more the comic relief without the comedy, not to say bub was bad, it just meant you could empathise with him and most people jsut expected hissing ghouls that they want to see get shot but like usual romero didnt go with the flow,but the we have it.

i didnt like land at first either los, i keep comparing it to the origional trilogy ,but view it as a stand alone film which more than a few people who saw it did and its entertaining, good location, good plot that has a commentary on the time it was made and for the price the doovde costs its a great action movie and i for one would love to see romero do a sequel, or a series spin off when dairys done.

^ and bassman, blatantly.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Hey now.....I don't get wood over the film. It's definitely the least of the series. I'm just able to view it as a stand alone film, just as you said, and it's an entertaining film.

But if you're talking about Asia.....then...well....yeah.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i didnt like land at first either los, i keep comparing it to the origional trilogy ,but view it as a stand alone film which more than a few people who saw it did and its entertaining, good location, good plot that has a commentary on the time it was made and for the price the doovde costs its a great action movie and i for one would love to see romero do a sequel, or a series spin off when dairys done.

Well like it or not we're stuck with it. I think i'm going to have to take it out of the context of the trilogy, that's the only way it's ever going to grow on me. Me and MZ were discussing this in another thread. Dawn is gar's epic. The crown jewel in his career. Anything he did from that point on paled in comparison, including day, which from what i hear some people dislike as much as land. So i'm going to try and give it another shot. On the subsequent viewing i will try and put the other 3 films out of my mind.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    And what would those looks be? Anybody playing a zombie can be made up to "look" the part.
    Different kind of actors look good for romantic, action or such and such roles. Eugene Clark looks good as a zombie. Plain as that!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Different kind of actors look good for romantic, action or such and such roles. Eugene Clark looks good as a zombie. Plain as that!
    How was he good as a zombie? His walk wasn't consistent and the only thing that made him resemble a dead person was Nicotero's make up effects. The character of Big Daddy would have been much better off with either a new actor or Clark giving the role the time and consideration that it deserved.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    How was he good as a zombie? His walk wasn't consistent and the only thing that made him resemble a dead person was Nicotero's make up effects. The character of Big Daddy would have been much better off with either a new actor or Clark giving the role the time and consideration that it deserved.
    I don't imagine a zombie at that stage would have a consistant walk, seeing as he is becoming more and more aware of himself. And his facial features are very outlined, giving him a skull like look (which was then further enhanced by Nicoteros make up). So thus, he looks the part!