Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: No Dawn of the Dead Sequel??

Super Moderator

UK
    Breathtaking? Hmmm...better than expected, but I wouldn't say breathtaking. The Omaha assault in SPR - that's a breathtaking opening. Completely different movies, but that's my take.

Best light I've seen Yawn04 in is in the background of Smart Tech in "The 40 Year Old Virgin", the black guy screaming "oh sh*t!" was hilarious.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    "Re-imagining"?....

I wonder if guys that are busted at a car chop shop would say the same thing.

"I'm not stealing it for parts, officer.....I'm re-imagining it...."
    damn thats funny.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    ... it whent downhill so fast it was like a fat chick off a diving board.
    you know her too? LOL jk

Super Moderator

UK
    You speak the truth Ned, in all the press for the movie I saw (bar the pandering TV trailers) the advertising trades on the link to the established cult status of GAR's flick. In interviews/reviews etc it's also "a remake of the George Romero cult classic" - I've read/heard that time and again in concern to this flick.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    kinda like how films like sliver try to associate themselves with shaun of the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    you know her too? LOL jk
    yeah shes my momma
    Last edited by Danny; 10-May-2006 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    I wonder how a zombie film called "Dawn of the Dead" is not marketed as a remake. That's got to be a feat, if anything.

Seriously, the film is considered a remake, and it was hyped as a remake. Anything else is just wishful thinking.
    Dawn of the Dead was hyped on the net by fanboys as a remake. It was sold as a re-envisioning. It is people like yourself who believe a bunch of B.S. that it was marketed as a remake.

Show me one shred of evidence that DAWN 2004 was marketed as a remake. Even in the commentary Zack calls it a re-envisioning.

No wishful thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    You speak the truth Ned, in all the press for the movie I saw (bar the pandering TV trailers) the advertising trades on the link to the established cult status of GAR's flick. In interviews/reviews etc it's also "a remake of the George Romero cult classic" - I've read/heard that time and again in concern to this flick.
    again, by the media. You read what the media prints. When i was on set they never used the word remake. remake was a banned word so to speak.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 10-May-2006 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Dawn of the Dead was hyped on the net by fanboys as a remake. It was sold as a re-envisioning. It is people like yourself who believe a bunch of B.S. that it was marketed as a remake.

Show me one shred of evidence that DAWN 2004 was marketed as a remake. Even in the commentary Zack calls it a re-envisioning.

No wishful thinking about it.
    A re-envisioning is still a remake. I ask again, how do you NOT market a zombie film called "Dawn of the Dead" as a remake? Simple answer: You can't. It's considered a remake and it was hyped as a remake. There's nothing else to it, and anything else is just wishful thinking to try to prove something that's not there.

If you're of the opinion that bashing the film because of it's title is stupid, then you are entitled to it. But saying that this argument is flawed because ZACK SNYDER doesn't THINK it's a remake? Did these fans really walk into the movie theathers, NOT THINKING this was a remake? Do you honestly believe that just because Zack Snyder says on the commentary that he considers this a re-imagening, that this will automaticly make all fans feel the same way?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    A re-envisioning is still a remake. I ask again, how do you NOT market a zombie film called "Dawn of the Dead" as a remake? Simple answer: You can't. It's considered a remake and it was hyped as a remake. There's nothing else to it, and anything else is just wishful thinking to try to prove something that's not there.

If you're of the opinion that bashing the film because of it's title is stupid, then you are entitled to it. But saying that this argument is flawed because ZACK SNYDER doesn't THINK it's a remake? Did these fans really walk into the movie theathers, NOT THINKING this was a remake? Do you honestly believe that just because Zack Snyder says on the commentary that he considers this a re-imagening, that this will automaticly make all fans feel the same way?
    WRONG NED! Half assed thoughts like that is what will keep you out of the really good schools, or keep you from getting really good jobs. Again, show me where this film, in all of it's promotion (TV, RADIO, TRAILERS, ADS IN MAGAZINES) was marketed as a remake. You can't. You are just some fan who is ****ed that a first time director made a zombie film that stomped the ass out of a long awaited half assed sequel by Romero himself.

Your misquotes and disillusional thoughts of some faux marketing campaign, not too mention your p*ss poor argument that the title is the only reason to bitch, make you look more the fool every reply you make.

Again, other than MEDIA HYPE (Newspaper articles/Reviews/ and Internet articles) The legitimate marketing campaign for DAWN2004 not once promoted the film as a remake. Not one TV ad(tv trailer) or Radio spot said remake. This is your only argument to defend your dislike with the film, and it is still p*ss poor.

Learn to admit the following:

DAWN 2004 was never MARKETED (KEYWORD MARKETED) as a remake.
    DAWN 2004 is the Primary reason Romero was able to get money for LAND.
    IF IT WASN"T FOR DAWN 04's success there would have been NO, I repeat NO, LAND of the DEAD.
    The Majority of the main audience who went to see DAWN 2004, had no frigging clue it was a remake of an older film.

Keep arguing it was marketed as a remake and you make yourself out to be a fool. You can claim HYPE all you want. Hype is what SANKES ON A PLANE has, HYPE is FAN BASED, hence yes, it was HYPED as a remake... but never marketed as one. So get your facts and definitions straight.

DAWN of the DEAD 2004, not only a superior film to LAND of the DEAD, was NOT marketed as a remake.

Fans, like yourself will continue to believe what you want to believe. I on theother hand go with cold hard facts. When it comes to DAWN 2004, other than the production teams and a few other close insiders I know as much about this film as some Hard core DAWN 78 fans know about it. (The original)
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 10-May-2006 at 11:04 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm going to be one of those annoying people who flipsides it

Without GAR's well-deserved success and his trilogy there'd be no Yawn04.

I just couldn't resist. This thread just refuses to die doesn't it ... I'm half tempted to use my powers and close it, but there's a part of me that gains sick pleasure in watching you get all fired up over the flick

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I just couldn't resist. This thread just refuses to die doesn't it ... I'm half tempted to use my powers and close it, but there's a part of me that gains sick pleasure in watching you get all fired up over the flick

KUDO's MAN. Keep it open. let us all see how the pyschosis plays out.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    No problem, it'll be useful evidence for the FBI after everyone subscribed to this thread loses the plot and goes postal at exactly 12:32 on June 1st ... oh yes, it's all part of my plan you know. I've injected the cure into my bloodstream, so I'm immune to my own evil plan ... you lot are all doomed though, totally boned.

Canada
    Wether you like the film or DON'T like the film there would be NO "Land of the Dead" if the "Dawn of the Dead" remake was not succesful. If you balk at that then you are just refusing to accept reality.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkboy
    Wether you like the film or DON'T like the film there would be NO "Land of the Dead" if the "Dawn of the Dead" remake was not succesful. If you balk at that then you are just refusing to accept reality.

HEAR HEAR!

Preach the truth brother. Preach it!

You're right. Without the original there woul dhave been no 2004 version
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 11-May-2006 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    is it so unimaginable to like them both for different reasons?

of course the makers of dawn 04 were riding on the original's coattails,that's why they picked the title and the mall.

but who cares?

Canada
    I love both!!!
    Both have individual strengths and weaknesses!!!