Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

United States
    I'm looking forward to whatever, quite frankly. Don't care who's in it. Don't care if they "fuck it up". Bottom line is, it's some zombie action! How much of that do we really get? Not much, so I'll take it. If it sucks, I'll cry as usual. If not, I'll be leading the flesh-eater celebration.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I'm looking forward to whatever, quite frankly. Don't care who's in it. Don't care if they "fuck it up". Bottom line is, it's some zombie action! How much of that do we really get? Not much, so I'll take it. If it sucks, I'll cry as usual. If not, I'll be leading the flesh-eater celebration.
    Better no zombies as opposed to another shitty zombie flick (which are 90% of them). I'd be content with a good zombie flick every five years as opposed to a crappy one twice a year. Then again, we'd never have films that have been created by Lucio Fulci, Bruno Mattei, Claudio Fragasso...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well, there goes that, if Ed Harris is out so am I. The news just gets from bad to worse.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Well, there goes that, if Ed Harris is out so am I. The news just gets from bad to worse.
    A day in the life of Ed Harris...

9:00am. Agents Office:
    "Wow that's an interesting script."

12:45pm. Bookshop:
    "Hey, there's the book that script is based on..."

7:30pm. Home:
    "Damn that was a good book, so WTF are those A-holes shooting!??"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post

j.p.
    The good news is that frees Harris up for the Knightriders remake...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Man, you need to see a movie called Zombie Nation.

United States
    Why, is it good? Well, in the context of my post, probably not.

My point is, look at all the movies thta come out. It's all bullshit! Zombies are my favorite "genre", and look how few appear, as opposed to "geek wants some pussy". It's like 1,000:1! I want my zombie fix, dammiit! I can't be alone in this. Sure, I've been VERY disappointed in some of the recent offerings (like Land, Diary), but at this point, I just need something. I'd rather watch a bad zombie movie than a "blockbuster" American Stupidassed Pie sequel.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Well, good thing there are plenty bad zombie movies out there for ya, then.

United States
    We could all run around like chickens screaming the sky is falling or wait and see how the production actually pans out, we have no idea at this point. We know rumors, conjecture, and opinion. We lost two named actors. So be it there are lots of actors in Hollywood, and arguably even better ones on the independent circuit and working on stage.. If Ed Harris leaving drives you away from the film.. I don't even know what to say.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    We could all run around like chickens screaming the sky is falling or wait and see how the production actually pans out, we have no idea at this point.
    Listen to this man. This applies to this entire f*cking thread.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    But bass... I LIKE running around like a madman!
    Chickens? SCOOTALOO!! ...It had to be done...

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Wait and see how the production actually pans out.
    I don't wish to be the prophet of doom but... I think as zombie fans whichever way this production goes we're all screwed. If it bombs then no studio is going to green light a zombie flick for years to come, certainly not a big budget one. If it scores a home-run then expect pg-13 to become the new zombie template with everyone jumping on the bandwagon and the very real possibility that we end up with that teen-angsty-Twilight hell we're all so worried about.
    Where it not for the Walking Dead I think the panic button would primed and locked...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Listen to this man. This applies to this entire f*cking thread.
    Word!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MULDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON !

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"