Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Is it dirty/dusty? Or is that its colour?
    Oh yeah, that's gotta be just dirt. You can see the patterns of the mud in different photos (i.e. not a consistent colour, and nor is it some sort of grimy camouflage). Besides, Batman only works in black ... or sometimes very, very dark grey.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/n...vie-2014-09-11

Yeah, just dirt - here's another (cleaner) look at it:

Administrator

England
    Split into two films? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69973
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Interesting little read about the fight between Superman and Batman. Obviously the worry is Superman could completely squash Batman - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Batma...ght-69265.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Wow, that guy has a history of working with Zack on projects like 300, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel?

Well, those were all excellent quality films! I have no doubt this one will be too!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Wow, that guy has a history of working with Zack on projects like 300, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel?

Well, those were all excellent quality films! I have no doubt this one will be too!
    I do hope the fights aren't like the ones in the previous Superman film, which just seems daft to me...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Nothing can be as bad as Batman Begins' fight scenes.

United States
    Interesting little read about the fight between Superman and Batman. Obviously the worry is Superman could completely squash Batman - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Batma...ght-69265.html

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Sorry, the bouncy wouncy CGI overload in the last Superman film was comical IMHO.
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Nolan/Pfiester certainly improved with their fight sequences as the trilogy progressed. The fight scenes in Begins are one of it's few negative marks, imo.

Sorry, the bouncy wouncy CGI overload in the last Superman film was comical IMHO.
    I agree about the "bouncy wouncy" cinematography, but finally being able to see Superman use his powers in full force on the big screen was a great treat. Surprisingly, they did use the actors as much as possible, even if just for the beginning of a swing or slide, as seen in the special features. Of course lots of CGI was needed to fill in the blanks and would obviously be needed as well in BvS, but with a different cinematographer, hopefully it will be more static and coherent. Snyder's reuniting with his previous collaborator, Larry Fong, who made some gorgeous images in Snyder's previous films. The thought of BvS appearing more like Fong's gorgeous "Watchmen" has me excited....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Snyder tweeted the first official image of Jason Mamoa as Aquaman:

I really like it. It has multiple references to classic Aquaman costumes, yet upgrades it to make the character seem more like a badass warrior. Hopefully this will help repair the character's image in the public eye after being the butt of so many jokes in recent years.

"Unite the Seven" could possibly be a reference to Aquaman being the King of the Seven Seas, but there's also a chance this could be the first of seven picture reveals for the entire Justice League.
    Last edited by bassman; 20-Feb-2015 at 08:22 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Looks interesting, I think. It's still another stupid comic book movie, but it's one of the few that seems like it could be a good time. A lot of people complained about how dark it is. While I don't mind it all that much, I have to say that for all the gritty realism that Nolan tried to bring to the table, the films were still about silly comic book characters. The darker it gets, the more out of place the comic part feels. This one is definetly treading the same ground, and that might be it's undoing.

Also, there's also the fact that Man of Steel was quite possibly the worst hollywood film of 2013. And I doubt Zack Snyder has learned much along the way.

In addition, we also have the problem of Supermans invincibility. The problem with Man of Steel was that it was just so goddamn dumb. They're really gonna have to pull a number on this one not to make it appear dumb and stupid. "Why doesn't Superman just punch Batman in the face?" and all that.

Super Moderator

UK
    The Star Wars trailer shat all over the BvS trailer, but even still it looks interesting - interesting that they've seemingly gone for some kind of 'voice scrambler' device in Bat's suit. Kinda broody and teasery ... I do still worry about this thing of DC demanding no jokes at all in their movies ... I mean, come on, even in super serious times in people's lives they laugh or at least crack a friggin' smile ... it's good to balance the tone occasionally, you know, break the tension.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The Star Wars trailer shat all over the BvS trailer, but even still it looks interesting - interesting that they've seemingly gone for some kind of 'voice scrambler' device in Bat's suit. Kinda broody and teasery ... I do still worry about this thing of DC demanding no jokes at all in their movies ... I mean, come on, even in super serious times in people's lives they laugh or at least crack a friggin' smile ... it's good to balance the tone occasionally, you know, break the tension.
    Yeah that was one of my main gripes with Nolan's batman films as well. The Joker was... well, amusing at times. But Bane wasn't. And Bale certainly never was.

Man of Steel I laughed plenty at.

At.

United States
    Hurm. You can still see echoes of "The Dark Knight Returns" imbedded in the DNA of this film, even in the brief trailer, as you could all across Nolan's trilogy. Still looking interesting.