Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

England
    More pics

Daily Mail

Israeli border scene is definately in, but with the main character!!!

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    This is excellent, while I am not sure I like the change to include the main character in all of the scenes.. we all liked the book and it worked in written format very well.. perhaps they felt for a film to work you needed to be more invested in the scene through the characters trying to develop 20 characters and their supporting cast fro the stories we hear/read in the book might make the film too long and result in a situation where you did not have enough time to "attach" to any of them... resulting in an offering where you just didn't care on the level you needed to.

I call it the batman effect. The Tim Burton films. They added so many villains, heroes, and supporting cast members in each film you just couldn't give a crap about any of them.

Like it? Maybe not... we just have to wait and see how it is pulled off.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

England
    I think its safe to say i'll be there on opening weekend.

I found this interesting in the article

According to local press, filming will continue on the island until July 9 when the production moves to Scotland.
    Other reports have claimed that Glasgow will double as Philadelphia and was choson after 'many months looking for the perfect city centre location to play an important part in the film.'
    The production found itself without a financial backer until a co-financier came forward and filming was finally able to begin last month.
    Could that be Yonkers but moved to Philly? Cant remember any important Philly scenes off the top of my head from the book.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 06-Jul-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: .

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Hmmmm, very cool. I didn't know they had started filming yet.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    This is excellent, while I am not sure I like the change to include the main character in all of the scenes.. we all liked the book and it worked in written format very well.. perhaps they felt for a film to work you needed to be more invested in the scene through the characters trying to develop 20 characters and their supporting cast fro the stories we hear/read in the book might make the film too long and result in a situation where you did not have enough time to "attach" to any of them... resulting in an offering where you just didn't care on the level you needed to.

I call it the batman effect. The Tim Burton films. They added so many villains, heroes, and supporting cast members in each film you just couldn't give a crap about any of them.

Like it? Maybe not... we just have to wait and see how it is pulled off.

I remain cautiously optimistic.
    Does anyone want to take a flyer at how this is gonna work?
    It can't just be Brad Pitt flying around the world as the outbreak happens can it?

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    It can't just be Brad Pitt flying around the world as the outbreak happens can it?
    Absolutely it can. With the WWZ complete plot change, I could see Pitt undergoing the Kevin Costner syndrome which requires he be in almost every scene.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Pitt will reportedly play most of the roles himself, a la every other Eddie Murphy film ever made.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Is it possible that they show his character as the interviewees are telling the story. As if he is there but not really there... omni present if you will? That could work for me.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Ooh, interesting idea/thought there, Skippy! (Love callin' folks that). I'd like to see something like that... could be quite interesting.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Is it possible that they show his character as the interviewees are telling the story. As if he is there but not really there... omni present if you will? That could work for me.

This was my take after thinking about it, he sits he listens and then as the story dissolves/fades into flashback we see Brad in their role.

United States
    This was my take after thinking about it, he sits he listens and then as the story dissolves/fades into flashback we see Brad in their role.
    Okay...that might work.

I was getting really worried that we would be dealing with "Brad Pitt - Movie Star", and not "Brad Pitt - pretty decent actor".
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Or maybe he's just a figment of their imagination.

United States
    OK... So I'm apparently really bad about reading a thread for the first time and getting into the first 12 or so posts and then suddenly resonding to them and then realizing upon posting that there were 162 other posts, all of which probably covered everything I just said here... Please disregard and so sorry for spam...

"Thanks for that link Neil. I agree with the artice there. How can you have headshots and exploding brains in a PG13 film? PG 13 for a Zed film? Really? Maybe all the zombies in the film will be elderly folks with no teeth so they can just gnaw and slobber on their victims' limbs. Then, the survivors can put them down gently by feeding them tapioca pudding and reading to them. Give me a f*kin break... PG13 pfffff..."
    Last edited by glazedoverdead; 08-Jul-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
    Now, if you want to have a good time and you need some p@*$y...you can cut that chicken's head off...

England
    More location news. This time in Cornwall.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-cornwall.html

Paramount Pictures is currently in negotiations with the Falmouth council in order to film boat scenes off the Cornish coast.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 12-Jul-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    The hyperlinked text above currently does not lead to an actual link. Assuming this is a similar story, though.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany