Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: the "what song are you listening to now?" thread.

Super Moderator

UK
    Brandon DiCamillio - "Fast Eddie's Cash" (from Radio Bam #112) ... that really is the definition of freestyle, it's 1st-ever-take all the way.

capncnut
    Meet the Bellrays.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I got a similar thing going on myself so again, I know how it feels brother. It's been in the works since like 2000 and keeps changing and evolving - one minute I'm so close to finishing it and and the next, I feel a million miles away from it. I got so sick of f**king around that I stopped all work on the project and on Feb 24th I began writing something else - and the already I'm two thirds done!

Now I'm getting new ideas for the original story and I've decided - s**t or bust - I'm just gonna write the thing when I'm done with my current project. And where does this tie in with your original post? P.I.L. John motherf**king Lydon gave me the inspiration for some reason. The Order of Death (and remixes of) especially.
    I should've thought of PIL. Its good dark stuff. wel. sort of dark. well. discordant and wierd and droney. Thats good writing stuff. Not too dense.
    I was thinking how long it actually took from ides to finish. Not 3 years. I actually wrote the first outline in 1999. It's funny because I am a finish it fast guy usually. It took a long time because I was trying to get every idea I ever had for a zombie movie in it.

There were threas here about "what would you do of..: and I would always say "No you wouldn't, we would all die". And someone would tell me I was ruining there fantasies. But what I was actually doing was describing my script.

When you see a zombie film, people always say "I liked that but I wish there was more of the other stuff". My script is all "the other stuff". Not campy, just vicious and grim with some grisly black humor. I wanted it to be like how I heard vets describe combat. Slow periods interrupted by terrifying explosions of violence. I thought up some new ways to kill zombies sans traditional weapons.

Keep on the script Cap'n. Maybe you should just push on through to the end and THEN go back and tinker. Otherwise it will sit there laughing at you

And I am going to listen to PIL album now. To drown out the obnoxious late morning blast of Meringue from my Neanderthal neighbors in the next building.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    CARCASS - Corporal Jigsore Quandary

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Keep on the script Cap'n. Maybe you should just push on through to the end and THEN go back and tinker. Otherwise it will sit there laughing at you
    Well with this new book I've been writing, it's just run away with itself and is probably the quickest project I have ever done. The zombie story WILL follow. I have decided to commit myself to re-writing the 80+ pages of usable material and just improvise more - it's very readable - but too stiff. The outline is all done, the characters are 80% complete and I'm certain that there's a lot of s**t that ain't been done before, then again they all say that. Oh and none of this running bollocks, shamblers, GAR's universe but thrown in a bear pit with 10 drunken Englishmen and kicked in the head with Doc Martens steel toecaps.

And I am going to listen to PIL album now.
    Metal Box, Album or Happy? (Seattle f**k yeah)

United States
    .... it's very readable - but too stiff. .....
    GAR's universe but thrown in a bear pit with 10 drunken Englishmen and kicked in the head with Doc Martens steel toecaps.

Metal Box, Album or Happy? (Seattle f**k yeah)
    When I write dialouge I try to keep it conversational, rather than Movie or literary dialouge. I hear way too much, in ametuer/no bidget film, conversations that sound too clever. Just because you/we are too smart nerds doesnt mean most people talk like that. Thats not a problem I have, but I see it alot. Also, some thing may read well, but sound ultra stupid out loud. If you feel silly reading iot aloud, it probably sucks.
    Even my descriptions are conversational.

that drunken Dr Martin Head kicking snake pit stuff sounds really cool. I would be real into seeing that one! vague but cool.

And Album. though I love them all
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    When I write dialouge I try to keep it conversational, rather than Movie or literary dialouge. I hear way too much, in ametuer/no bidget film, conversations that sound too clever. Just because you/we are too smart nerds doesnt mean most people talk like that. Thats not a problem I have, but I see it alot. Also, some thing may read well, but sound ultra stupid out loud. If you feel silly reading iot aloud, it probably sucks.
    Even my descriptions are conversational.
    Dialogue is probably my strongest point. I could probably write 20-30 pages with two characters talking about a piece of mouldy cardboard. The things that mess me up the most is characterisation, I'll create a person and then later write something completely contradictory to the personality I created for them. I'm terrible like that.

that drunken Dr Martin Head kicking snake pit stuff sounds really cool. I would be real into seeing that one! vague but cool.
    Well one day soon I hope. My first book 'Punk & Disorderly' should be finished by May but I'm guessing June. Straight after, I'm jumping into the zomb story and I'm hoping that it will be a lot quicker to write given the fact that most of it is there for the re-write. Crazy s**t, tragedy around every corner, in fact a friend read some of it about a year or so ago and said that they wanted to cry. Made me feel quite proud 'cos I saw it in the eyes. But when the tragedy disappears, the undead return, no safety, thousands, face of Big Ben hanging off... (rambles into the distance)

Oh, currently listening to Filthy Lucre Live by the Sex Pistols.
    Last edited by capncnut; 25-Mar-2007 at 06:17 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    I too enjoy writing dialogue, you really hammer through it don't ya?

I try to be as realistic as possible, so I sit there saying it back to myself over and over and over, and if I find myself stumbling, then the line needs changing. I think of what needs saying, and then say it myself, then write it down, especially helpful when you're writing about something based on your own life or things you've done/seen/heard etc, so you know how to put it down on 'paper' realistically.

Undisclosed
    Hop with the jet set- Dead Kennedys
    Why arent you laughing?

United States
    white zombie

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    some blodhound gang and system of a down today.

capncnut
    Nothing at the moment.

Super Moderator

UK
    Nothing at the moment.
    *the sound of the window cleaner battering about*

I've got some song from some advert stuck in my head though ... argh!

Kazakhstan
    darkane - convicted
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a few HIM songs

when lvoe adn death embrace
    join me in death
    gone with the sin
    in joy and sorrow
    please dont let it go
    keep on pretending
    and lvoe said no

its wierd that im in a perfectly happy mood, sittin' here with a ug of tea and some biscuits but have the urge to listen to such sad sounding music.