Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Day Remake TRAILER!!!

Undisclosed
    filming begins summer of 2008...

capncnut
    2008? I'm afraid the whole zombie trend will have died by then.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    2008? I'm afraid the whole zombie trend will have died by then.
    I have a feeling it won't die for a while. It will be like Star Trek. Give it time, we will have the dead film that will be so demented and out of shape that it will be a bitch to look at because of it's poor everything and just plain flatness. Star Trek had it's shoddy spin. It was called "Enterprise".

Super Moderator

UK
    As soon as new wave 3D comes out with Cameron's new film, kiss the remake fad goodbye - the new fad will be re-releasing Night of the Living Dead ('68) in 3D and likewise for all other horror movies out there on DVD. For a good few years you won't be able to go to the cinema without being handed cardboard goggles and having fingers and such strangely pointed into the lense at you.

Seriously, 3D is the next big thing and that'll push the remake fad right out - at least ... I bloody well hope so (but I still think so). Hollywood is like a teenager, following nothing but fads until a new one comes along.

United States
    alright then? whats up with remakes and i thought dawn 04 was bad...

Lord Howe Island

So what do you have against Contagium?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell View Post
    Ask him about the super zombies he made. The freak noise they make. The jumping out of windows. The excessive agressiveness. The speed. This is like Contagium all over again. I don't want to go prejudging this, I've been trying not to. But that trailer just scared the hell outta me.

My hoop for Mr. Reddick to jump through to win my praise has now been raised exactly five feet.
    Hey..say what you will, but I liked it..

So what was it about again?

where is my ganja...
    War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell View Post
    I have a feeling it won't die for a while. It will be like Star Trek. Give it time, we will have the dead film that will be so demented and out of shape that it will be a bitch to look at because of it's poor everything and just plain flatness. Star Trek had it's shoddy spin. It was called "Enterprise".
    hey, i liked enterprise....

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    *Ahem* I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Miner, and i wanna know what the **** your doing with my movies.
    - The Gorge Romero in my head.
    I'm running this monkey farm now Frankenstein and I wanna know... what the **** your doing with my time?
    - Rhodes

Undisclosed
    heh heh heh .... well said ...
    Funny I haven't recieved one email from Jeffrey since I told him the buzz about the trailer was more negative than good ....I wonder why???
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Farm View Post
    *Ahem* I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Miner, and i wanna know what the **** your doing with my movies.
    Great first post man.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

it looks pretty good, like a sequel to 2004

the majority of folks here were very negative about the early bits and pieces from the Dawn remake, with only a few exceptions, and in my opinion it turned out very well. This looks like it may be a new concept, look, if you remake the original there's really nothing new to see.

Fresh Meat

England

gonna be super cool

bwahahahahahahahah

only kidding this film is gonna be straight to dvd by pass the cinema , well if it makes it to my local odeon with its 12 certificate , i for one will not grace it with my hard earned cash i wont even rent it ill download it off net that way the producers ect wont get the money they are hoping to steal from good honest folk like my self

when this film is released i hope it comes with an apollogy to GAR and to all the idiots that watch it at the cinema

to all the doubters the following is for you

this film will be crap

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    As soon as new wave 3D comes out with Cameron's new film, kiss the remake fad goodbye - the new fad will be re-releasing Night of the Living Dead ('68) in 3D and likewise for all other horror movies out there on DVD. For a good few years you won't be able to go to the cinema without being handed cardboard goggles and having fingers and such strangely pointed into the lense at you.

Seriously, 3D is the next big thing and that'll push the remake fad right out - at least ... I bloody well hope so (but I still think so). Hollywood is like a teenager, following nothing but fads until a new one comes along.
    bro they tried that **** years ago with nightmare on elm street 7 just didnt work right oh and jaws 3 watched em both at cinema no good wont take off
    Last edited by RUSS; 15-Nov-2006 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://edk-fear.net/?ref=641

im a mean undead pimp

Super Moderator

UK
    Erm, the technology they're now using for 3-D is completely different from the cheesy stuff they used back in the B-movie era and for flicks like Friday 13th Part III: 3-D.

The new tech is partly being developed by James Cameron for one of his new movies coming out in a couple of years. It's apparently 3-D tech that actually works quite well. If it works - guaranteed that's the new fad.

Undisclosed
    Looks ok , but i cant see it as a remake. It looks like cross between the dawn remake and 28 days later.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

The Problem

It's more like Night of the Living Dead, as apposed to Day of the Dead, by the storyline aspect. Keep in mind that when Romero made his movies they were basically one singular story line over a long period of time. The different movies were just plot points in the history of the world. Now these guys are coming along, and not only are they different people writing and directing, But they are making movies that don't have a set storyline. It's a complete mockery to Romero's accomplishments.

In the long run I don't care if they make movies or not, but don't tie them in anyway to Romero and try to take away from what he did.
    I'm running this monkey farm now Frankenstein and I wanna know... what the **** your doing with my time?
    - Rhodes