Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 announced for Xbox 360 and PS3

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've still never played L4D
    BLASPHEMY!!!

Yeah, I mean, who doesn't want to see zombies snorting bone ash? I mean come on people of the world.
    Now that's what Willis was talkin' about! We need a zombie/bone ash snorting game for the 360. I could get behind that.

I even know who could be the star character of that game..

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    BLASPHEMY!!!
    There's not much of a reason to get that game if you don't use Live. So don't bother, MZ...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    There's not much of a reason to get that game if you don't use Live. So don't bother, MZ...
    i dunno brah, having some mates round for split screen l4d is a hoot. i played through most of l4d a while back with my brother and it was more fun than live when one of yous punching the other in the arm going "I'M RIGHT THERE WITH A HUNTER ON ME MAN!, WHERE YOU FUKKIN' GOING!" "IM GOING TO THE SAFE ROOM FAGGOT, ITS CALLED LEFT 4 DEAD FOR A REASON!"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Must... have... Case 0!!!

United States
    Says who? I've never played it online and have a blast with L4D.

Then again, my son won't play it any other way than online with his friends, so I guess that's just a matter of taste. Personally, I don't like playing games where you rely on others in the game to keep you alive - too many douchebags on XBL want to play 'lone wolf' and are all out for themselves. Totally ruins the game experince IMO.

I guess it might be different if you have 3 friends to play with (wow, my lack of friends is showing, eh? ) but, you can have just as much fun slaying zombies without others or, as hellsing said, with someone else sitting right next to you.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I rented it and very quickly became bored with the single player. Also I've always heard that the online Multiplayer is where this game gets it's reputation...

I just wasn't impressed with L4D that much...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I rented it and very quickly became bored with the single player. Also I've always heard that the online Multiplayer is where this game gets it's reputation...

Most people who get their asses handed to them in that game usually aren't.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Was it the 'runners'? Or just the game overall wasn't that enjoyable for you? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Most people who get their asses handed to them in that game usually aren't.
    Darth gets the 'zinger of the day' award.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Darth gets the 'zinger of the day' award.
    Everyone has their forte'. You normlly get the laugh of the day and I get the zinger.

It's most likely reflective of our personalities.

You're probably a funny dude and me, I'm an asshole, so there you go...

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Was it the 'runners'? Or just the game overall wasn't that enjoyable for you? Just curious...
    Not the runners. Just wasn't into the game all that much.

I'm not totally anti-runner anymore. I've lightened up on Dawn04 and I like Zombieland. I still prefer shamblers and like to poke fun with you guys about your runners, but they're no big deal.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You're probably a funny dude and me, I'm an asshole, so there you go...
    A perfect match.. hell, that must be the same reason Dj and & get along so well..

Not the runners. Just wasn't into the game all that much.
    That's cool. I'll be honest, I kinda liked Dead Rising a bit more than L4D if only for the fact it wasn't all lightning-paced non-stop fast action. That's fun, but it can be exhausting. I could sit and play Dead Rising all day for the most part, but I have to do L4D in small, hour or two doses or I feel like my brain was put in a blender. It is a load of fun though..
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 16-Jun-2010 at 11:44 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    If I was to ever get either L4D, it'd be on the PC for a few quid, and I'd play it on my own like a totally unsociable hermit.

Otherwise there's so many games that kinda fall by the way side over time as you can't play them all, and certainly can't afford the time or actual money to get them all.

I have been thinking of getting Dead Space for cheap on 360 as a filler-game until Mafia 2 comes out, but I've still got a bit of life left in RDR first.

United States
    If I was to ever get either L4D, it'd be on the PC for a few quid, and I'd play it on my own like a totally unsociable hermit.
    Welcome to my world. I don't play it on a console either. I still think consoles are too restrictive and those controllers? I'll pass. Give me keyboard & mouse anyday.

Super Moderator

UK
    Welcome to my world. I don't play it on a console either. I still think consoles are too restrictive and those controllers? I'll pass. Give me keyboard & mouse anyday.
    And yet the vast majority of what I play these days is on the 360 ... like a totally unsociable hermit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's cool. I'll be honest, I kinda liked Dead Rising a bit more than L4D if only for the fact it wasn't all lightning-paced non-stop fast action. That's fun, but it can be exhausting. I could sit and play Dead Rising all day for the most part, but I have to do L4D in small, hour or two doses or I feel like my brain was put in a blender. It is a load of fun though..
    Well, L4D is a "twitch" reactionary game. Figures with runners right?

DR has shamblers and as with the films they are featured in there has to be more depth because they are not a"threat" enough alone.

I had a couple of issues with the original but i look for them to fix them as happens with most sequels.

I'm sure they've gotten a ton of feedback, including Rubenstein!