Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Season finale - "TS-19"

Administrator

England
    I Agree with darth los entirely, if you dont like the deep nitpicking topics then dont read them or reply to them. Nobody is forcing you to.

For me, the fun of a zombie movie is picking it, talking about how things played out, how things could play out, what went wrong, what could of been done better and like darth said, to find someone interested in such a obscure almost cult subgenre to the depth we have become, is very rare and is one of the beauties of a site like this.

United States
    Admittedly, I do some eye-rolling when the nitpicking gets out of hand, but Andy's right. If there's a place to get that way about Zombie cinema (or TV), this is it.

Besides, there's more than one person on this site that makes their own movie if they don't like what's out there...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    My thoughts exactly, nitpicking is the hallmark of a good fan.
    You must be a HUUUUGE fan of Land.
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Dec-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    By that logic so must deej. And there's no bigger fan than MZ when it comes to Dawn 04'.

Hey, I kinda like this bizzaro line of logic.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    By that logic so must deej.
    Me and DJ are the founders and co-presidents of the fan club

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They're not only the Land hater club presidents but they're also clients!

+1 for whoever gets where that line is from.

Without google that is.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    DJ could be a member of both those clubs!

And how can anyone NOT remember that commercial? I might be able to remember the damn 1-800 number if you give me a minute.
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Dec-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    DJ could be a member of both those clubs!

And how can anyone NOT remember that commercial? I might be able to remember the damn 1-800 number if you give me a minute.
    is it 1-800-Matress.

No wait 1800- Lawyers?

No, that's not it either.

Oh wait...

Kinda irrelavent but still funny.

England
    You've only got to look at the beginning of Dawn to understand how this shit could get out of hand. The scenes in the projects buildings paint as good a picture of how people would react as anyone could imagine.
    Confusion. Protecting your family and friends (dead or alive). Resisting the authorities. Disinformation. Not to mention firing on your own citizens and all this in a universe that doesn't know what a zombie is.
    I think my sig sums it up nicely
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Agreed.

Moral and sentimental issues would be the biggest detriment to the effort in wiping out the plague.

That's Precisely what the military is for. To do those awful things that civilians can't or won't do.

The hard things that must be done regardless.

United States
    I do not doubt our soldiers in many cases are hardened and dependable, that they love their country, and are dedicated to their respective branch of the military. Further I have no doubt they care for their brothers in arms on a level most people do not and can never understand.

That however is not ALL of them, and a chain as they say is only as strong as it's weakest link. One guy bolts in combat it weakens a line. Two guys run because fear runs through their ranks based on desertion of a few, and you are that much weaker. Three guys sneak off in the night because rumors are rampant their home city is over run and their loved ones are in danger.

It can happen, and in a case where the dead walk (Think about that as a normal person not us, people who live it in our minds and on film, and print every day just about) and they are EATING people.

Do you A) Follow orders or B) Save your wife and new born baby?

You could argue that following orders serves the greater good and offers us the best chance of beating the undead horde, HOWEVER not everyone will see it that way and it is hard to justify that logic when you hear your baby was eaten and your wife could be alive but locked in a closet begging for you to come save her.
    Last edited by Thorn; 15-Dec-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Typos from heck

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That would have to be a touch and go situation, imo.

The truth is despite all the training in the world, none of us know how we're going to react when it's "no longer a drill."

Furthermore, as was already stated, this is an enemy and horror the likes of which have never been seen in human history so who knows how our military personnel will react.

I would like to think that our military is flexible when it needs to be and is not as dumb and incompetant as they are portrayed in this instance.

If I'm the commander and hear reports of mass desertion due to family situations I would allow them to bring their immediate family with them on base so that stress is taken out of the equation.

The ideal situation, no. But this is far from a conventional war. It's either let the soldiers bring their family or suffer mass desertions.

United States
    There's 2 things to keep in mind:

1)The American Military hasn't had to engage an enemy force on our own soil since before our Grandparents were born. Apart from what's in the "handbook", there is no contemporary frame of reference for dealing with enemy combatants (Living or Undead) on our own soil. Who knows how it would effect discipline in a situation where our soldiers' homes, families, and communities are threatened.

2) The Walking Dead "universe" is missing one key factor from the real world - Zombie Films. In their world, Romero stuck with commercials, so nobody knows the "Rules". In our world, a lot of folks would have a clue about headshots/reanimation, so the zombie threat would be lessened.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    2) The Walking Dead "universe" is missing one key factor from the real world - Zombie Films.
    How do you figure that? In one issue, Rick mentions that the adults had a hard time calling the roamers "zombies", because it seemed to sound like something from bad horror movies.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    How do you figure that? In one issue, Rick mentions that the adults had a hard time calling the roamers "zombies", because it seemed to sound like something from bad horror movies.
    Oh, snap! Ultimate revelation:

Rick's a GAR-hater!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany