Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Capn Dallow

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Maybe Brett requested to have all his previous posts deleted? Has anyone actually spoken with him to ask? I would assume that if all of someone's previous posts have been deleted after a ban then it was something the individual requested to be done. Unlike say Khardis who we are still all overjoyed to have his posts on the board to go back and read for entertainment purposes.

j.p.
    They are good.

I remember one who hated me because ,back when the ps3 launched i didnt think it had enough decent games, god forbid that they would be coming out later. the guy was grade a crazy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This thread is still on huh?

Keep hope alive people !

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Maybe Brett requested to have all his previous posts deleted? Has anyone actually spoken with him to ask? I would assume that if all of someone's previous posts have been deleted after a ban then it was something the individual requested to be done. Unlike say Khardis who we are still all overjoyed to have his posts on the board to go back and read for entertainment purposes.

j.p.
    "you are really not in the loop are you?"
    a number of us are in daily contact with Brett. trust me he did not order the decimation of his account. If he did, then we would've been informed like last time, which incidentally is the only time in his 5 year membership that he did.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    a number of us are in daily contact with Brett. trust me he did not order the decimation of his account. If he did, then we would've been informed like last time, which incidentally is the only time in his 5 year membership that he did.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieangel View Post
    A number of us are in daily contact with brett. Trust me he did not order the decimation of his account. If he did, then we would've been informed like last time, which incidentally is the only time in his 5 year membership that he did.
    [x] told
    [ ] not told.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anybody around here good with making signature images? We need an official support Capn signature that we could all sport.

One guy's personal decision against the entire community? LAME.
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Jun-2010 at 05:06 PM.

United States
    No, I guess I'm not. To which a good response to my question would have been "No, he didn't request to delete his posts" instead of making a smart ass remark to my sincere question and putting an eye rolling smile. I wasn't attempting to be facetious in asking my question as I really appreciated having Brett here as the rest of you did.

I was just asking, Debbie, that's all.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    No, I guess I'm not. To which a good response to my question would have been "No, he didn't request to delete his posts" instead of making a smart ass remark to my sincere question and putting an eye rolling smile. I wasn't attempting to be facetious in asking my question as I really appreciated having Brett here as the rest of you did.

I was just asking, Debbie, that's all.

j.p.

Sorry, I apologize! But, I wasn't to be a smartass!
    Don't take that emitcon so seriously, anyway sorry I offended you.
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 28-Jun-2010 at 06:44 PM.

United States
    Sorry, JD that was out of line of me! I truly apologize!
    It's all good, Debs, you're cool. I just get a little worked-up sometimes. I'm with the rest of the folks here arguing that we should have a custom signature for "BRING BRETT BACK!" -- I'd add it too.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Undisclosed
    wat about Thorn, he made Debs picture he should be able to make something
    i for one would be honoured to have a BRING BACK BRETT logo on my posts

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seriously guys... I really don't think all this is going to help. I believe Andy and Neil made their decision, and just pressing the matter is not going to help one bit.

One of you already re-signed your moderator post and that didn't help get anyone anywhere, nor has it brought Brett back.

I dig Capn too, but lets be realistic here, a decision was made and unless there is a serious change of heart on the administrating parties I doubt that decision will change, plus if I was Brett... I don't think I would want to come back knowing my total existence was wiped off the entire board history.

Digging this up more and more may just lead to the thread being locked. None of us know 100% what happened and since this is a private matter between the three parties it really isn't any of our business. Honestly, it is probably best to give it a rest and let things simmer down for a while... keep this in mind... Adreno was invited back after a long banishment... maybe the same courtesy will be bestowed upon Brett.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    As someone who is not in the loop, and barely knew Capn, my entire opinion has been formed based on what is posted here in this thread. From Andy's disclosure of the events surrounding the ban and the history of abuses I have to wonder why anyone is questioning it? Sounds pretty cut and dried to me. There is obviously another side to the story which the average forum-goer doesn't see, and from the gist of it, that other side casts some doubt.

I suppose I wish I were either in the loop, or oblivious to the discussion. Getting half of the story blows.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    keep this in mind... Adreno was invited back after a long banishment... maybe the same courtesy will be bestowed upon Brett.
    True. There was a no way, no how attitude about his ban as well and look waht happened.

There is a counter argument that so much nagging about it could have the opposite intended effect and make andy and neil hunker down even more on their positions just to prove a point about who's boss around here.

Just some food for thought.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What makes everyone so sure that all or even more than one of the mods are behind this? There's usually one playground bully, and if he controls the monkey bars he can kick you off. Regardless of what the other kids say.That's all I'm sayin....
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Jun-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Check please.