Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Undisclosed
    I just beat Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. What an ending. Who would have thought Gabriel

was really Dracula. It was revealed during a cut scene after the ending credits when it moves forward to modern day. Satan is the end boss, btw, and he's a bitch to fight. Too bad the dlc comes out later, because I rented this game. Maybe it will explain how he became a vampire. I also read somewhere a sequel is in the works.
    8/10 score
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 22-Feb-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: error

Dying

United States
    Just picked up Killzone 3. It's every bit as good as advertised, and it's certainly a better product overall than Bulletstorm. Hopefully it will keep me busy until Resistance 3 comes out in June.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    'Member the Gameboy Color? Yeah, best handheld ever, save maybe GBA. I just started up playing Warioland II on it again. I forgot how fun it was! Damn bee boss though... kicking my ass...

Undisclosed
    I rented Fight Night Champion. Too early to give a review, since it arrived 12 hrs ago.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just beat dragon age again and the dlc for the first time, the golems of angarrack. its neat 90 minutes, like a game version of a wierd fantasy tales short story. You head out alone one day during your grey warden campaign to investigate a lost dwarven thaig with a man looking for his brother and find people were trying to recreate the golems you encounter in the orzammar story, only without the anvil they used a tevinter mage to summon spirits from the fade into a construct of blood and bone and flesh instead of iron and a dwarven soul. I t turns into something called a harvester, it kills people adn uses there bodies as raw materials to build up its own larger core flesh golem body, which it acts as the head for, walking on human sized arms like a tadpole changing into a frog.
    At the end you beat it, destroy the thaig and leave, but the camera lingers on the exit of the thaig and the sight of hundreds of harvester heads crawling from the ruins into the deeps roads....

Which sets up them appearing in dragon age 2. its neat, maybe not worth playing now since the sequels so close and its not really worth the fiver or so it costs but it was neat, just not great value for money.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just finished Dead Space 2. Very high production value. Great game over all. Very eerie amosphere. It gave me that same feeling of dread that Alan wake did. And what's more they've already comeout with Dlc that includes another 2 chapters worth of mission.

On to bulletstorm now.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Just finished Dead Space 2. Very high production value. Great game over all. Very eerie amosphere. It gave me that same feeling of dread that Alan wake did. And what's more they've already comeout with Dlc that includes another 2 chapters worth of mission.

On to bulletstorm now.

Perhaps I'll get around to Dead Space 2 at some point (although I've never played DS1) ... but fuck me do I hate all this DLC shit. PUT THAT SHIT ON THE DISC AND SHIP IT WITH THE GODDAMNED GAME!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Since seeing the Elder Scrolls 5 trailer, I've been back plugging away at Morrowind for the first time in a couple of years. Started a new character and added some graphical overhaul mods, and configured correctly the game actually looks and plays better than Oblivion does: the sea has chopping waves with foaming breakers on the shore, light dapples and twinkles in golden rays upon the surface of water, the early-morning fog glows spectrally in the rising sun, stunning godrays break through the smoky hills and forests around the Ashlands, the Grazelands finally become a true, rolling grassland of gold, green and brown. Ragdoll physics are really the only thing that doesn't seem to have been added). Check this out:

Last edited by krakenslayer; 03-Mar-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Perhaps I'll get around to Dead Space 2 at some point (although I've never played DS1) ... but fuck me do I hate all this DLC shit. PUT THAT SHIT ON THE DISC AND SHIP IT WITH THE GODDAMNED GAME!
    My brotha. DS2 is one of those sequels that's so far ahead of the original that you might as well just skip straight to part 2. It even gives a pretty lengthy recap of the story so far.

It reminds me alot of the gap between Assasin's Creed and and 2.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    My brotha. DS2 is one of those sequels that's so far ahead of the original that you might as well just skip straight to part 2. It even gives a pretty lengthy recap of the story so far.

It reminds me alot of the gap between Assasin's Creed and and 2.

Plus the DLC, DS2: Severed, is actually a continuation of Dead Space: Extraction rather than part of Dead Space 2's content. I'm usually right there with the crowd calling for blood when downloadable content comes out almost immediately after the game itself, but this was different enough that I was willing to pay for it.

I will say, though, that I really don't feel that Dead Space 2 lives up to all the hype. It's very good, don't get me wrong, but some people are calling it one of the greatest PS3 games ever and that's just wrong.

Just finished Killzone 3. It was miles ahead of Bulletstorm in terms of keeping me entertained. I haven't had that much fun with a FPS since Resistance 2 came out. Now I'm kind of in limbo as to what to play until Resistance 3 comes out this summer. The wife and I are also waiting on F3AR to be released.

United States
    Pac Man CE DX is on sale for 400pts this week on Xbox Live so I grabbed it - and WOW! I can't believe I didn't download this game earlier. Great music, excellent gameplay and retro-themed graphics make this one of the best pure, arcade style games found on the service. Had to pry myself away after telling myself about a dozen times, "just one more game."

Definitely check it out while it's still on sale!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    dead space 2 is not an easy game dude, not easy at all. just saiyan.

Undisclosed
    killzone 3
    loud, very pretty and utterly brilliant. Fantastic design and intense shooting. Love it.
    Ambiguous good guys who are every bit as morally corrupt as the Helghan whose planet they are invading makes for interesting subtext. Reminds of how 'earth' was depicted in Starship Troopers.

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    killzone 3
    loud, very pretty and utterly brilliant. Fantastic design and intense shooting. Love it.
    Ambiguous good guys who are every bit as morally corrupt as the Helghan whose planet they are invading makes for interesting subtext. Reminds of how 'earth' was depicted in Starship Troopers.
    Without getting into spoilers, my favorite part of the entire game is the sniper fight in the streets. On the harder difficulty levels, it's incredibly intense as your trying to get a bead on the snipers while they're doing the same to you.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    through a freind i got pokemon black for free. interesting to see in the modern games the 'villains' are campaigning for humans to not enslave pokemon and stuff them in tiny balls. i feel like a nazi in a mitchell and webb sketch "our uniforms are black with skulls on...are we the baddies?"