Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Wake - (original video game)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    How is Starcraft 2?
    plays like a smoother warcraft 3, meets halo wars the stories firefly meets halo. Pretty damn rad.

Undisclosed
    I finished it this morning... It was pretty good.. I would say it is worth the 560 if you don't have the dl code. It seemed to be the length of the average episode and added to the linear story... Not just some bonus missions rubbish.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    heh, my son downloaded this last night to his 360 (he did have the code, surprisingly) and what does he do? Instead of jumping right into the DLC, he started the entire game over so he could, and I quote, "brush up on the story before diving into the new episode"

Sometimes I wonder about that kid.

I haven't seen it yet myself, but I can't wait to check it out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    heh, my son downloaded this last night to his 360 (he did have the code, surprisingly) and what does he do? Instead of jumping right into the DLC, he started the entire game over so he could, and I quote, "brush up on the story before diving into the new episode"

Sometimes I wonder about that kid.

I haven't seen it yet myself, but I can't wait to check it out.
    Remember when we had that kinda time on our hands?

Shit, i barely have time to schedule my jerk off sessions anymore dude let alone play through a game i already beat.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Remember when we had that kinda time on our hands?

Shit, i barely have time to schedule my jerk off sessions anymore dude let alone play through a game i already beat.
    Goddammit Los, I'm so glad you're back because you never fail to make me lmfao!

I know what you mean, though - my son (he's 14) is out of school for another 4 1/2 weeks, so he's putting in as much game time as we allow him. Lucky bastard.

...and at least you CAN schedule your jerkoff session and are able to work them in - I just have to wing it whenever I possibly can. Most of the people at the dinner table are disturbed and don't approve, but what's a man with no time to do?!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 28-Jul-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    I see there's a novelisation of Alan Wake out there.

BTW I've pre-ordered the orchestral soundtrack CD - awesome sauce - and I've been listening to the licensed tracks used in the game on YouTube. Getting that vibe going you know ... not that I can play The Signal yet, because as I've said before, I don't have XBL and so I'm hoping that the Alan Wake DLC will eventually come to disc - just like what happened to GTA IV's DLC.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Goddammit Los, I'm so glad you're back because you never fail to make me lmfao!

I know what you mean, though - my son (he's 14) is out of school for another 4 1/2 weeks, so he's putting in as much game time as we allow him. Lucky bastard.

...and at least you CAN schedule your jerkoff session and are able to work them in - I just have to wing it whenever I possibly can. Most of the people at the dinner table are disturbed don't approve, but what's a man with no time to do?!
    LMAO!

Gives a whole new meaning to pass the pudding don't it?

All i can say is i speak the truth. If it be funny, so be it. lol

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    LMAO!

Gives a whole new meaning to pass the pudding don't it?

All i can say is i speak the truth. If it be funny, so be it. lol

"It's funny 'cause it's true!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

BTW I've pre-ordered the orchestral soundtrack CD - awesome sauce - and I've been listening to the licensed tracks used in the game on YouTube. Getting that vibe going you know ... not that I can play The Signal yet, because as I've said before, I don't have XBL and so I'm hoping that the Alan Wake DLC will eventually come to disc - just like what happened to GTA IV's DLC.
    im biting back a rant about the soundtrack, because if you remember a few weeks back i said when we were on about the collectors edition that the soundtrack was allways just a taster for another 20-30 soundtrack.

That said, i AM going to buy it and not yarharfiddledeedee it because i would rather give my money to remedy for a soundtrack this excellent then see the lack of sales on alan wake and its merch mean it flunders and dies under all the fucking maddens, fifas and call of duty's vomited over the shelves in game stores nowadays.
    Basically i just appreciate the work they did and the sountrack to that game was outstanding.

-on a wierd note, i played alan wake when i was really sick., now when i listen to the poet and the muse, my favourite song off the soundtrack, i feel ill like my mind has associated it with it being really sick like i was then. i played the farmhouse bit earlier and came over ill, it kinda sucks.

played a bit of the signal, left the opening building and instantly got raped by taken. wakes controls take time to get into again, might restart the game again first.

-oh, and theres another type of collectible added if you werent sick of em already.

United States
    Sooooo. . .I got to episode 4 and then had to return the game. . . . pretty good. . .Like the story. . . .and it was tense as all hell. Made me nervous to play it. But good stuff. . . .gonna have to finish it sometime later I guess. . .my sister just brought me dragon age so. . . . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Just finished the signal and had a lot of fun with it. It was full of neat little set pieces and even some new enemies. very hard though, or maybe im just nto used to wakes control style but i played it on normal and had way more trouble beating this than any of the retail games chapters on insane.
    There is no 'just run and dont look back till the next light' portions, and in a few sections the enemies are utterly overwhelming until youve wiped out once and know to drop a flashbang the second a wave runs at you. Though this could also be due to the poor camera angles and tight corners.
    The basics i got from this is exactly what i predicted. there is plenty of assets from the open world version of the game to create new areas, or effect old ones to change them.
    truth be told theres little to no story, and what story there was i can't rightly say what it was about coherently.

But it was a fun, really challenging experience and i look forward to the next one.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

DUDE.... Plug the ethernet cable into your xbox and create your FREE xbl account and dl the new episode. It's free with your code or 560 ms points. No excuse... You have internet and I would assume your not on 56k...Right?
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    DUDE.... Plug the ethernet cable into your xbox and create your FREE xbl account and dl the new episode. It's free with your code or 560 ms points. No excuse... You have internet and I would assume your not on 56k...Right?
    He says it's too much of a hassle to hook his XBOX up to his modem. He's also said he isn't sure what type of internet he has.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    He's also said he isn't sure what type of internet he has.
    It's the kind that puts the magic pictures into his super advanced word processor thingie.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    Well considering we don't have, nor want, wireless broadband then my Xbox being upstairs at the other end of the house compared to the internet, then it's not much fucking use is it?

Add in the fact I don't have a 360 HDD, and I don't have room to download any shit anyway. So sod that for a game of soldiers.

As for The Signal - is there an "easy" mode? Didn't Alan Wake only have Normal, Hard and Insane? WTF is that about?

As for the soundtrack, it's an 18 track orchestral score, and aye - being that it's Remedy and they've put so much love and caring craft into Alan Wake, I want to support them for a job well done.

While I love me some COD, it is a leviathon that continues to get bigger and bigger, and this is a bad thing really. Same thing with big annual titles like Madden and so on, it's a factory line injection of fun, rather than a lovingly sculpted piece of interactive art.