Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (film)

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Too soon for Doomsday, and why the f*ck does he look like the Ripley/Alien hybrid??
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Dec-2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Too soon for Doomsday, and why the f*ck does he look like the Ripley/Alien hybrid??
    Don't know, but damn ... Wonder Woman is lookin awesome! It's a shame she has to share a movie with these clowns.

Administrator

England
    OK! I was worried about Wonder Woman, but she's growing on me!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    that footage of batman kicking ass looks like it's straight out of the arkham games. pretty impressive.

i'd have to say that this trailer is by far the best one released thus far, but still not enough to get me to go see it in theaters. will probably check it out once it gets to home media.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    that footage of batman kicking ass looks like it's straight out of the arkham games. pretty impressive.
    That was my first thought as well! A very different take on Batman's fighting skills that we've seen in previous cinematic incarnations.

At this point, I'm having faith that BvS is going to be a solid film and a great jump start to DC's much delayed cinematic universe.

And although it's only been seen through trailers and clips, I get the feeling that most of the Affleck haters have since turned around...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Haha.
    Well, I never thought I would like it.
    And it does like look shit...

But that final shot of Batman blocking Superman's punch.
    What the hell, man, that'd just never happen. The entire premise is just ridiculous...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Haha.
    Well, I never thought I would like it.
    And it does like look shit...

But that final shot of Batman blocking Superman's punch.
    What the hell, man, that'd just never happen. The entire premise is just ridiculous...
    Kryptonite?
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Why is there some barney between supes and birdman anyway?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Why is there some barney between supes and birdman anyway?
    Batman's concern is spot on! Here is a being that could destroy the entire planet, or indeed even bring destruction on the planet. And as he says if there's just a 1% chance of that, then maybe they should destroy him...

BUT! What if the odds of hims being able to help save the planet are higher? Or what if the odds of trying to destroy him means him taking revenge and destroying the world?

I understand the Batman's thoughts, but I don't understand the logical outcome of them... Surely Superman is more likely to help?!?
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    That's my take too Neil. I would imagine that a character like Superman would be understanding of Batman's attempts at combating crime (weh weh), so their ruck is a bit "off" to me?

I originally thought that B man saw the destruction of Metropolis in 'The Man of Steel' and thought, "well, bollocks to that!". But, it doesn't seem to be the case. It seems that Superman is heading to Gotham according to sommat someone told me.

The plot thickens.

Either way, I'm probably going to have a look at this, because I actually thought 'The Man of Steel' was a pretty good film and Cavill a good Superman. So, despite my reservations about Ben Assflick as Bats and Wonder Woman (possibly one of the worse ever superheroes) being in the film, it'll be on the list, as it were.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Did anyone catch the preview scene they showcased at Jimmy Kimmel? It looks pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8iRvQdSGA&t=3m0s

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    and Wonder Woman (possibly one of the worse ever superheroes)
    ...you do realise she has boobs?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Did anyone catch the preview scene they showcased at Jimmy Kimmel? It looks pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8iRvQdSGA&t=3m0s

I usually find these kind of things a bit cheesy and forced, but that one I really enjoyed!