Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Why people hate LOTD

Banned User

United States
    While Tom Savini DID direct NOTLD '90, he did it from a screenplay written by GAR, and GAR had a lot more to do with that project than most fans knew about.

Check out this article here:

http://www.slasherama.com/features/savini.HTML

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    umm...Did you read the article that's in the link you just provided?....

Slasherama: In 1990, your directorial remake of Night Of The Living Dead hit shelves. I understand it wasn't the finest of experiences for you…
    Savini: "That was the worst experience of my life! George wasn't there. It would have been a blast if George were there. We would've had fun and hashed things out like we always do. He would have been on my side and been supportive. But he had to go to Florida to write The Dark Half and I was stuck with these two idiots, who will remain nameless.
    And it goes on to say that many things were changed by certain people and ended up souring Romero and Savini's relationship until later when Romero realized that the other people who had their hands on the film were screwing him over and lying to him...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The article also says people were calling George at home and telling him different things, and he was contacting Savini and getting mad at him. Very convienent that you left that out.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Did I?....

Romero realized that the other people who had their hands on the film were screwing him over and lying to him...
    Same thing....just worded differently. Doesn't seem very convienent to me.....

Shoo....back to your home movies ....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    According to Savini, George haded Savini the script and said "Here, it's your film from now on.".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311

Shoo....back to your home movies ....
    You're right... back to my home movie. Anything is better than LOTD!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

ViP

United States
    I hate Night 90 too, with a passion.

Gee, wonder who the two idiots Savini is talking about are?

Banned User

United States
    Ummm, bassman--did you read what I posted, OR the article in it's entirety?

I said in the post that GAR had a lot more to do with that project than most fans knew about. Not that he directed the project, or was the main force behind it. That he'd had alot more to do with the project than most fans knew about.

In the article itself, it says:
    When George saw it, he said, 'You've got an eight-week movie on the wall and you only have six weeks to do it. So even he started cutting stuff. He cut the whole bit with Tom catching on fire at the gas pump, before we started shooting.
    Not many writers have that kind of pull when it comes to dealing with the guys directing their screenplays, you know?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    I hate Night 90 too, with a passion.

Gee, wonder who the two idiots Savini is talking about are?
    I assume one of them has to be John Russo and I assume the other being Menahem Golan.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    Ummm, bassman--did you read what I posted, OR the article in it's entirety?

I said in the post that GAR had a lot more to do with that project than most fans knew about. Not that he directed the project, or was the main force behind it. That he'd had alot more to do with the project than most fans knew about.

In the article itself, it says:

Not many writers have that kind of pull when it comes to dealing with the guys directing their screenplays, you know?
    And it also says that he had hardly anything to do with it during production. Believe what you want to believe but I'm telling you(any fan can tell you), it's a Savini film...not Romero.

Banned User

United States
    I never said it wasn't a Savini film--all I said was that GAR had alot more to do with that film than most fans knew about.

He wrote the screenplay, and from the looks of that article he coached Savini through the pre-production, and kept tabs on him throughout the actual filming of the project--so that tells me that one way or the other, he was pretty well involved in that project.

But, have it your way--

That makes his average two home runs, a single, and a strike-out in the zombie department.

Undisclosed
    "When I get effects jobs these days, I turn them over to my students at my school."

That actually hurt to read.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    That makes his average two home runs, a single, and a strike-out in the zombie department.
    Three home-runs and a single if I may.

But I agree you can't really count NOTLD90, even if Romero had some influence on it. Savini was the director, and in a way he even brought his own crew along.

According to various other people (Tor Ramsey, the director of COTLD) John A. Russo was not really a big asshole, he was just a complete moron when it came to films and how they were made.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    Three home-runs and a single if I may.

But I agree you can't really count NOTLD90, even if Romero had some influence on it. Savini was the director, and in a way he even brought his own crew along.

According to various other people (Tor Ramsey, the director of COTLD) John A. Russo was not really a big asshole, he was just a complete moron when it came to films and how they were made.
    Exactly...

That's what I've been trying to say this whole time....

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I assume one of them has to be John Russo and I assume the other being Menahem Golan.
    One is definitely John Russo. I figured the other was Russ Streiner, but if Bill Hinzman was there, it was probably him. Either way, Russo's stink was all over that flick. It felt more like an episode of Tales from the Darkside than a horror classic. The synth soundtrack didn't help.