Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    The hyperlinked text above currently does not lead to an actual link. Assuming this is a similar story, though.
    Fixed.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    We could all run around like chickens screaming the sky is falling or wait and see how the production actually pans out, we have no idea at this point. We know rumors, conjecture, and opinion. We lost two named actors. So be it there are lots of actors in Hollywood, and arguably even better ones on the independent circuit and working on stage.. If Ed Harris leaving drives you away from the film.. I don't even know what to say.
    They probably didn't leave the project because of disapproval of the material. Work Visas, Travel issues, all of that can get in the way. This thing is shooting all over, bound to be some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Does anyone want to take a flyer at how this is gonna work?
    It can't just be Brad Pitt flying around the world as the outbreak happens can it?
    It absolutely is. After Israel he doesn't get to fly so much though.

Listen, I don't want to be "that-guy" about this project and everything but if you're expecting a movie that's at all close to WWZ the novel then you are not going to be happy with the end result in any capacity. To be honest, if you wanted to see the Yonkers battle on screen you were going to be disappointed as far back as JMS' first draft. If you are looking for a big budgeted zombie world wide epic that goes completely pear shaped in the climax then you, my friend, are in luck.
    Last edited by Johnsrog; 14-Jul-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: wanted to be more of a debbie downer

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsrog View Post
    To be honest, if you wanted to see the Yonkers battle on screen you were going to be disappointed as far back as JMS' first draft. If you are looking for a big budgeted zombie world wide epic that goes completely pear shaped in the climax then you, my friend, are in luck.
    I think this is probably pretty dead on. However, I'm still looking forward to big budget zed madness and will give the film a fair shake. In fact, I'll probably like it more going in reconciled to certain points.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I think its safe to say i'll be there on opening weekend.

I found this interesting in the article

Could that be Yonkers but moved to Philly? Cant remember any important Philly scenes off the top of my head from the book.
    Yes

I think it's The battle of Franklin Square

Scotland
    After submitting casting collective information, they asked me to come to the casting audition (they were asking over 2000 people to audition for extras up in glasgow caledonian university in scotland. .) but i sadly could not make it. :/. Brad Pitt is supposed in it though. .
    If You Believe In Something, It Will Exist. For As Long As You Live, Or Die, You Will Always Be Controlled By Beliefs And Compulsions. Mortal.

United States
    A few new set pics:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80819

Also, some interesting news:

In related news, The Hollywood Reporter says that Bryan Cranston ("Breaking Bad") has been cast in a "small but flashy" role in the Marc Forster-directed film.

England
    Great news about Cranston
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    A few new set pics:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80819

Also, some interesting news:
    Same thing here - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bryan...ole-26086.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cranston is everywhere these days. He only helps to raise my interest, that's for sure.

Undisclosed
    Hmmm. This is getting A LOT of buzz lately. Haven't read the novel yet. Is it any good? Should I pick up a copy?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yes sir! If you haven't yet... Well, you've waited too long.

Administrator

England
    Well, seems official now... They've screwed with the whole story premise...

The story revolves around United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself. [Mireille] Enos plays Gerry’s wife Karen Lane; [Daniella] Kertesz is his comrade in arms, Segen.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50754

And I agree with these comments - "I'm not a fan of Marc Forster's shaky-cam style of action as we saw in QUANTUM OF SOLACE; I really hope that we got some epic-scaled zombie horror instead of a cameraman with a seizure in the midst of battle."

Release date 21st Dec 2012 - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/World...ate-26126.html

-- -------- Post added 15-Aug-2011 at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-Aug-2011 at 10:07 PM ----------

Now filming in Glasgow...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-14523503

Parts of Glasgow are being turned into war-torn ruins for the next two weeks as filming for a new Hollywood blockbuster gets under way.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And I agree with these comments - "I'm not a fan of Marc Forster's shaky-cam style of action as we saw in QUANTUM OF SOLACE; I really hope that we got some epic-scaled zombie horror instead of a cameraman with a seizure in the midst of battle."
    While I agree that the action camera work in QOS left a bit to be desired, why is it that everyone seems to have forgotten his great films that came before his time with 007? Monster's Ball, Stay, Finding Neverland, Stranger Than Fiction. All of which were not action, but very much relied on drama and mood. Even if the basic story is being shuffled around, I have faith that Forster can deliver something more than the Bourne Identity with zombies...

United States
    I don't know. Using big name actors in a zombie flick and making it PG-13 seems like they're more interested in digging into zombie fans pockets than they are giving us what we want. Maybe I'll be wrong and the flick will turn out to be a keeper for the z-flick section on my dvd shelves, but I'm not convinced at this point. Brad Pitt... oh geezus.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    More Brad Pitt hate. I just don't get it. Even if you don't like the guy, he's not THAT bad of an actor. There are definitely a lot worse out there.

I'm not expecting anything that's going to change the game, but I think it's got the potential to be an entertaining flick. MPAA ratings don't make the movie.