Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Good, but overrated

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Judging by all the complaints aired over the Transformers films (unlike the DEAD films, the franchise is worth hundreds of millions of dollars), I'm not certain listening to fans is such a great idea.
    Jebush christ. Once again you go all twisting things around in the name of the almighty God Romero. I was making a joke, dude. Not defending Michael Bay or saying he's better than Romero. If anything, I was taking a stab at Bay. He's a very simplistic director and even he listens to fans in some small way.

And laughs all the way to the bank at the same time, so maybe he's got the better idea...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Jebush christ. Once again you go all twisting things around in the name of the almighty God Romero.
    Why are you getting all upset now? It's just innocuous commenting. Do you need a time out in the corner or something?

And laughs all the way to the bank at the same time, so maybe he's got the better idea...
    You do understand the irony here, right?
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 05-Nov-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: irony is fun for everyone

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Who says i'm upset? Aren't you supposed to talk in all caps or use the exclamation point or something when you're upset? Just doing the usual. Believe me, as much as I know you like to try, it's not often that I get upset over something on a message board.

Anywho...back to Romero's films. Wait a tick....I thought this thread was about TWD?

England
    Anywho...back to Romero's films. Wait a tick....I thought this thread was about TWD?
    Like fucking zombies ourselves...throw a few "GAR-Flowers" up into the sky and we all get mesmerised and forget what we were doing....
    Last edited by Legion2213; 05-Nov-2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Like fucking zombies ourselves...throw a few "GAR-Flowers" up into the sky and we all get mesmerised and forget what we were doing....

Super Moderator

United States

I suppose the bottom line is that if I pay for a product and don't enjoy it, I have every right to openly say I dislike that product.
    Very true, but the issues of 'respect' and, in some cases personal attacks on GAR, that have bee cited by some, bring up hazier issues that are harder to quantify, let alone address.

There's also a matter of how some people will tie in respect for the man, versus respect for his body of work. I have certainly questioned a lot of GAR's choices with his latest films (though I think his recent track record is mixed, as a whole), and hence maybe he has not gotten complete respect from me at all times as a content creator, but GAR has only ever done one thing that made me question my respect for him as a person and it had nothing to do with whether I liked his movies or not.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 05-Nov-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: ...always with the comma splicing

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Who says i'm upset? Aren't you supposed to talk in all caps or use the exclamation point or something when you're upset?
    Well, also claiming "twisting things around" works in the Upset Dept., but I'll take your word for it that all is kosher.

Ha! They're us and we're them. One thing's for certain: Monday morning is going to be really interesting and intense.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Even Michael Bay listened to fans to a certain extent during Transformers. Just throwing that out there. I mean...he's not the most story-driven director and he at least tried to listen and made some changes...
    Exactly.

Regarding listening to your fans.

One of Agatha Christie's most famous creations was "Poirot", she was looking to have him killed after only his second story because she really didn't like him (said he was a smug fat git or words to that effect), but her fans loved him...so she wrote high quality Poirot stories for decades, she understood that apart from serving her own artistic vision, she also had a loyal fan base who she had a responsibility to please (they were the folks paying for her works after all).

George AND many other artists could/should take note of this.

Edit: I love GAR's first three zombie movies, I think Land is "meh" at best, Diary is an insult to the viewer and Survival I can't even be arsed with...does that make me a lover or a hater?
    Uh, HATER. Duh.

It reminds me of the political parties here in the U.S.

It's either you agree with their whole platform down the line or you aren't truly one of them.

So say you agree with 99% of the republican platform but you the only difference is you are pro abortion you'd get drummed out of the party even though you're a warrior for their other issues.

Sounds like the same here. Either you swallow 100% of what GAr puts out and think it's cool or you're automatically a hater.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Well, also claiming "twisting things around" works in the Upset Dept.,

Uh oh, Darth. You may have just single handedly started WWIII here at HPotD....
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Nov-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: 1

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Sounds like the same here. Either you swallow 100% of what GAr puts out and think it's cool or you're automatically a hater.

I haven't actually seen anything that makes me feel this is the case and that it's a one way street. It's just people overacting on both sides and a lot of egging on to incite reaction or needle one another. It's all in good fun though, right?

Right?
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 05-Nov-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: ...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    bring me my armor!

there, i think i am ready for further participation in this thread.
    Last edited by Mike70; 05-Nov-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: change we can all believe in
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    It's all in good fun though, right?

Right?
    Clearly you do not realize that the internet is serious business....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Clearly you do not realize that the internet is serious business....
    or how touchy some folks can be over stuff that is pretty well meaningless to their real world lives; cannot be drunk, eaten, worn, won't pay the mortgage, won't fill the gas tank...well, you get the point.
    Last edited by Mike70; 05-Nov-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: change we can believe in
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    bring me my armor!

there, i think i am ready for further participation in this thread.
    No, your hands aren't protected.

Now you're ready.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 05-Nov-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: waaah

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Me? Why me?

It's not my fault people suffer from "someone's wrong on the internet-itis.":

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"